Ok, latest again from Channel 4 is that Materazzi called Zidane's mother a whore, and as she'd just gone into hospital that morning with ZZ being very worried about her all day the comment was slightly ill timed.

Wonder if that's the truth...

No matter the timing, there are wind-ups and there are wind-ups. To call anyone's family something such-like is despicable. Call the guy himself something, he should be able to deal with it but when you bring family into it then it can be another matter.

I don't condone what ZZ did but there just is no need to bring family into such an occasion.

I'm sure worse goes on on a pitch Craig. Players will be downright horrible to each other to gain an advantage and deliver a psychological blow where possible.

Not saying it's right, just know that players are not always nice to each other.

I'm sure worse goes on on a pitch Craig. Players will be downright horrible to each other to gain an advantage and deliver a psychological blow where possible.

Not saying it's right, just know that players are not always nice to each other.

i`m beginning to see the whole picture and how this incident flaired up now.

matterazzi twists zidanes nipple, zidane turns round and tells him "fuck off ya cunt", matterazzi says "sorry sir, you said something to me?"

zidane replys "fucking tongs ya bass" and walks away.

matterazzi walks towards zidane and the clincher is "zinedine, your bum looks big in those shorts"

zidane explodes with rage and headbutts him on the chest.

I would really love to know how even the greatest lip readers in the world could decipher what Marco said from that footage. From the default image it's too small, and close up it would be too grainy.

However, Marco has completely denied using the word 'terrorist' or 'whore' so unless he's lying...

This story is never going to end.

Tomorrow it will emerge that he told Zidane he was a smelly frog, or something.

I would really love to know how even the greatest lip readers in the world could decipher what Marco said from that footage. From the default image it's too small, and close up it would be too grainy.

However, Marco has completely denied using the word 'terrorist' or 'whore' so unless he's lying...

This story is never going to end.

Tomorrow it will emerge that he told Zidane he was a smelly frog, or something.

What amuses me is that Materrazi goes to great lengths to deny both of those accusations but does not clarify what he DID say - which to me indicates that it could very well be something he isn't too proud of saying.

So are people now thinking that ZZ was right to do what he did and MM was wrong to say what he did?

No and Yes Gav

ZZ was NEVER right to do what he did

MM shouldn't have done what he allegedly did. I know wind-ups are part and parcel of the game, but they just aren't needed.

I know wind-ups are part and parcel of the game, but they just aren't needed.

I see what you're saying there.... but i know if i was playing against someone along the lines of Lennon.... i couldnt resist some kind of dig at him.

But if MM did say what he allegedly said, then that's taking it too far and im not so shocked at ZZ actions.

I see what you're saying there.... but i know if i was playing against someone along the lines of Lennon.... i couldnt resist some kind of dig at him.

But if MM did say what he allegedly said, then that's taking it too far and im not so shocked at ZZ actions.

Don't get me wrong Chris, I would wind them up too - it just isn't needed but with some people it is irresistable.