Back on topic....

Domenech says that he is disappointed that ZZ did what he did but said he could understand it - which leads me to believe that he WAS provoked (which most of us suspected anyway).

Still not defending the indefensible though.

don`t think theres ANY defending what he did.

what i don`t like is the way in which matterazzi APPEARED to be winding him up.

but, if theres anyone experienced enough to NOT FALL FOR IT, it`s zz.

i still cannot believe what he did in the world cup final in his last game!:eek:

Yeah, sad that his career will be blighted by that.

And you are right, the Italians are the epitome of wind-up merchants but ZZ, having played in Italy for a few years SHOULD have known better.

First of all after reading Dannys theory, i doubt it, but coming to think of it during the game i thought to myself that Zidane's eyes were bulging out his head!!

Secondly, does anyone not take my bets?? I said a draw, Italy to win on pens, AND ZIDANE TO GET SENT OFF!! :thup:

As for Zidane he might of been on drugs attempting that penalty so early in a WC final :D What cheek to attempt it and he was lucky it came of. Then IMO he goes and costs his country the WC buy producing the most blatent head butt ive ever seen! He absolutely threw himself at him, if that was in the face Materazzi would of had a broken nose!

As for the game, it was a cracking game. Not as good as Germany v Italy but not far off it. My heart said Italy and i wanted them to win just but after Zidane got sent off i was fully backing the Italians. Zidane lost my respect anyway.

As for the pens, we it was 10 unsavable pens but Trezeguet hit the bar just as Zidane did earlier, except Zidanes bounced in, Trezeguets bounced out! Italys pens impressed me coz they are normally poor at them but they banged all 5 in and are deseveredly world champions!!

BTW Craig i almost made the same mistake as you about the kick off time, i was just going through the odds on ladbrokes and caught the 7pm GMT kick off and thought - shite thats an hour earlier! :D

A tad late with my post about the final but who cares!

France deserved to win because they went out to win the game unlike Italy. With the players Italy have they should attack much more and take about 2 or 3 goals off the opposition.

Now on to the best bit of the final - Zidane! What the fuck was that all about? The whole pub laughed when he headbutted Materazzi. The more you see it the sorer it looks but the funnier it gets. That has to be my best WC moment of 2006. He did it with so much venom too! :D

Materazzi must've said something about riding Zidane's mum.