Sol Campbell - would he fit in?

gav may enlighten us, but i`d say we`ve NIL to NO CHANCE of signing campbell.

we`re talking about a full england international centre half here who ARGUABLY should be in the starting line up.

wages are an issue yes, but i think we`d need to do a shit load of convincing to him before he even thought about joining.

this is part of the mcleish era;

we now have a severe problem attracting stars of this nature because we have no champions league to go into!

Campbell is an awesome centre half. Had he not had his off field problems last season he would of been an England starter.

We have no chance in signing him coz i think about 17 EPL clubs will in for him and can offer him Prem footy plus high wages. Only Newcastle and Portsmouth have shown interest so far though.

He also says he wants to play abroad.

Whoever signs him will be getting a great scoop.

Awesome player there's no questioning that but I think his best days are behind him now. He's getting on too and wouldn't be worth the 100k a week in wages we'd need to pay him.

Wouldn't take him, i'd rather we went for a younger guy as Campbells only got a couple of years in him, plus im not sure his heads in it anymore. His wages would be so high and they'd be better spent bringing on a younger talent.