are we beyond critisism due to our current standings?

WS did come in and fix the defence with some "good to go" players such as Wier, but how many on here whinge that he was coming - "he's to old and slow blah blah". Then How many whinged when Dailly turned up - he has been pretty sound. Also Cousin was to GTF, But scored the goal that got us passed Bremen. I still would have preferred Hutton to stay.

Now he has brought us success, but I want either the SPL and SC, or the SPL and Uefa Cup. Would settle for the 2 Cups but that means we are out of the CL. Is that a sacrifice SDM, WS and the fans are willing to make?

I would agree we have improved, but I also agree that the Dhims are poorer, and that the rest of Scottish Football is slowly improving to meet up with the Dhims.

WS did come in and fix the defence with some "good to go" players such as Wier, but how many on here whinge that he was coming - "he's to old and slow blah blah". Then How many whinged when Dailly turned up - he has been pretty sound. Also Cousin was to GTF, But scored the goal that got us passed Bremen. I still would have preferred Hutton to stay.

Now he has brought us success, but I want either the SPL and SC, or the SPL and Uefa Cup. Would settle for the 2 Cups but that means we are out of the CL. Is that a sacrifice SDM, WS and the fans are willing to make?

I would agree we have improved, but I also agree that the Dhims are poorer, and that the rest of Scottish Football is slowly improving to meet up with the Dhims.

I know what you are saying Wij and agree with some of it. I didnt mind Weir as our defence was so poor when WS came in. Dailly I was against but have to admit he has done a great job thus far (was very solid on Wed night) - that is why WS is boss and we arent - he has brought in a few players we all thought "why did you do that" and we have been very pleasantly surprised.

We wouldnt necessarily be out of the CL if we dont win the league, we would have to qualify, right ?? But we wouldn't get the automatic spot.

Right now I think the LEAST we should expect are the 2 cups in Scotland but I will be disappointed if we dont win the league from the position we are in.

I think the Tims are a poor team too, but then I have felt that they have been poor for a while, we have just been even poorer.

Thing is, if we win the treble then ultimately WS' decisions to go with strength and power will have been proven right. And how many of us placed a bet at the start of the season for us to win the treble ? There would be VERY FEW fans who would have expected a treble at the start of the season - yet here we are at the business end and it is a real possibility.

I do however, have reservations about this team if they fall behind against a stronger team - there isnt enough creativity that you would be confident in them digging the result out - despite them having done it on a few occasions this season.

I do however, have reservations about this team if they fall behind against a stronger team - there isnt enough creativity that you would be confident in them digging the result out - despite them having done it on a few occasions this season.

I feel the exact same way. When we went behind against Bremen I was praying we didnt concede another as I couldnt see us scoring at all tbh.

Looks like another customer versus supporter arguement to me. A topic Cammy has raised on here before and I have myself unsuccesfully on a couple of occassions.

As a Rangers fan are you looking to be entertained by a good product first or are you hoping for a victory at the start of every game. I.e are you a customer or a fan.

Many get upset that SDM treats the fans like customers. However many of those who sit in the stands at Ibrox behave as customers.

I have no problem with people expecting better performances. We would all prefer that. However some of us are realsitic. We look at where we were when Walter came in. Lost the league by xmas, out of both domestic cups. A shambles who couldn't defend and couldn't win games.

Walter prioritised(sp) our improvement. First and foremost; stop leaking goals. As others have said; if we don't concede we can't be beaten. That saw us as the best team in the latter half of last season. This year and Walter had to target a league victory or at least a real title challenge. That was objective two. And we cannot argue he has done that. 3 in a row for the tims is unacceptable for the fans and preventing that was obviously Walter's main priority for this season.

Walter's rebuilding is surely ahead of schedule at the minute. He acheived what appeared to be his first two objectives whilst winning one domestic cup, being favourite for the other and having a very succesful and impressive European run.

From my perspective; assuming we convert our strong league position into a title triumph, Walter's next objective is to combine a winning side with more attractive football. That will be Walter's task this summer, assuming title 52 is secured.