are we beyond critisism due to our current standings?

The fact we're top of the SPL, in the quarters of the Scottish Cup and Uefa Cup and have the League Cup in our pockets is nothing short of a miracle after the disaster of last season. However, I wish we could play to a higher standard sometimes. We're letting the smaller teams dominate us but as long as we keep winning then you can't really argue or complain.

As another point, I feel I watched hell of a lot of enjoyable games this season - maybe more for looking like we're inevitably going to win as I mentioned earlier. It's been the most enjoyable since the treble about five years ago. #

There have also been some fantastic games - like Lyon away and Celtic and Bremen at home.

There's been some very poor games, but not really that many. Maybe too many for our liking, but are Celtic any better? Not from what I've seen - the opposite in fact. And Celtic have been like that for a good few years.

Basically, I don't think it's as bad as some people are making out. We're in short, bad spell, but just before we had a short good spell.

Is it not just the ups and downs of football?

I could not care 1 bit about what they have done, what they do or what they think they are.

We arent playing well enough, BUT we are top of the league an doing well. It's not attractive by any means but is effective.

We winthe treble who is going to care how we played this season?

Ideallywe would all love to sit an watch us steam roller ever team. Thats not the reality though so we have to accept what we are given.

We are not above criticism but we should be realistic with the extent of our criticism.

Craig, I get to few games, and I've seen plenty of piss poor one's in my time. I've seen us struggle against the likes of Kilmarnock and St Johnstone and get beaten by a poor Hibs team more than once. My first ever Rangers game was a very boring 1-0 win over Aberdeen.

The team against St Johnstone was probably our most expensive ever, and even had a 12M man coming off the bench!

Sorry, but in my opinion nothing much has changed.

Like I said, if you fed a starving man with wholesome food, would you be impressed if he complained that it wasn't gourmet? At this stage of Walter's tenure and after our recent famine, I feel a lot of the criticism is just as big a slap on the face.

I may not be paying 400 quid for a season ticket, but I am paying �£120 for Setanta, on which I rarely watch anything other than Rangers games, and I rarely miss a game.

Yes, we could do with a creative player or two that can also entertain, but we need a team first, that is capable of providing a platform for them to play. And decent teams don't come cheap or leave much cash around for a sought after flair player.

Can we please give Walter some time to build a team and win a few trophies before we start demanding a finished product?

The man is working his socks off to give us good reason to hold our heads up high and be proud, so what does it say about us if all we can do is whinge?

I can't really talk as I don't get to many games, but perhaps those that do could maybe think about criticising themselves and maybe put the effort into providing an atmosphere to inspire our players to lift their play onto another level?

I didnt mean offence calscot and I certainly wasnt saying you havent watched Rangers much. I am lucky if I get to even one game a season (depends on holidays etc etc). I was merely saying I can understand the frustrations of Gers fans. Some fans were brought up on the 9IAR years and not unfortunate enough to watch some very poor Gers teams. You and I are of similar age I think (I am 34) so have seen the good AND bad of Rangers. The difference between some of those Rangers teams is that their poor games were intermittent and they usually created chances. This current crop are providing poor fare regularly and are not creating that many chances either (last night they certainly didnt).

I am not taking anything away from Walter - he has done a remarkable job in a short space of time. In fact I dont blame him for last night at all. There should easily have been enough talent on the pitch to take care of Thistle (plus McCoist picked the team anyway ;) ). The players were poor last night and not for the first time this season.

There has been a lethargy about the first half displays this season and that isnt down to the management - I cannot believe any management team would request their players to play low tempo.

Re the flair players and creating a team first I agree, I think that in Jan we had a team which had proven it was hard to beat and would have been an ideal time to bring some flair in (Steve Davis looks like he could be a flair player but had an off night last night). But that said, WS now has a team difficult to beat, it just depends on what he does in the summer as to how he improves that team.

I for one wont ever demand a finished product but playing second fiddle to Thistle is unacceptable IMO - regardless of having a poor game we have a squad full of SPL players which should have been capable no matter what - that isnt necessarily down to WS but the players themselves - last night there was no guile, craft, ingenuity and worst of all no movement.

There is no doubt WS is working his socks off and he has made us a much stronger contender, of that there is no doubt. Perhaps he is a victim of his own successes - fans perhaps forgetting how poor we were last season whilst trying to play "flair" football. As long as WS tries to strengthen and strengthens with players who have more creativity then I will be happy - the problem with the current crop is no-one can beat a player.

One thing I do agree with you about though is the fans. They were very quick to complain last night and offered NO atmosphere whilst the Thistle fans MADE the atmosphere. IN fact, as I said earlier, I was very disappointed with how quickly the fans turned on Chris Burke last night (some were on his case after his VERY FIRST TOUCH - and that was appalling). He went on to hve a stinker but he was by no means the only one !

We are not above criticism but we should be realistic with the extent of our criticism.

Craig, I get to few games, and I've seen plenty of piss poor one's in my time. I've seen us struggle against the likes of Kilmarnock and St Johnstone and get beaten by a poor Hibs team more than once. My first ever Rangers game was a very boring 1-0 win over Aberdeen.

The team against St Johnstone was probably our most expensive ever, and even had a 12M man coming off the bench!

Sorry, but in my opinion nothing much has changed.

Like I said, if you fed a starving man with wholesome food, would you be impressed if he complained that it wasn't gourmet? At this stage of Walter's tenure and after our recent famine, I feel a lot of the criticism is just as big a slap on the face.

I may not be paying 400 quid for a season ticket, but I am paying �£120 for Setanta, on which I rarely watch anything other than Rangers games, and I rarely miss a game.

Yes, we could do with a creative player or two that can also entertain, but we need a team first, that is capable of providing a platform for them to play. And decent teams don't come cheap or leave much cash around for a sought after flair player.

Can we please give Walter some time to build a team and win a few trophies before we start demanding a finished product?

The man is working his socks off to give us good reason to hold our heads up high and be proud, so what does it say about us if all we can do is whinge?

I can't really talk as I don't get to many games, but perhaps those that do could maybe think about criticising themselves and maybe put the effort into providing an atmosphere to inspire our players to lift their play onto another level?

Sorry but I am not whinging, I am stating the facts from where I see them. I believe we should be producing better football. I believe that we should be playing more players when teams like Patrick Thistle come along - and that those players should beat them. I believe that if footballers where out on the pi55 after the Final then they should be hawled in and have the book thrown at them.

These are the professional footballers who whine like cnuts because they earn 20,000K a week, but it only lasts 10 years due to career length. Well If you stopped getting tanked up you could play football to the same age as Teddy Sheringham et al.

I am angry that these kinds of little niggles are allowed, and even more angered when fans join in with them.

Now it is fact that you are happy with the current way we play. I am only happy with the fact that we are winning (albeit hopefully we will beat the Jags, The Dhims, and also Lisbon) I want to beat these teams, and do it playing with heart, it appears that you would be more than happy to scrape through. Well I don't agree OK. Simple as that.