Ricksen?

Guest TheBrit

Aw aye, Klos too.

Anyway, latest on the Ricksen situation from the Evening Times is Ricksen admits to having a drink and that apparently he threw water over the hostess.

He cites his defence as being he wasn't the only one drinking. Apparently he does regret the incident heavily though, but still thinks the punishment exceeds the crime.

Whilst not condoning FR's behaviour or criticising PLG's actions, how many of us would have reacted the same way if WS and sacked Gazza for any of his wild antics?

I am not a fan of FR and had hoped that last season would spell the end of his Rangers career. AM tried to give him the chop, but David Murray fearing a substantial loss persuaded AM to keep Ricksen. This was after an incident in Greece where Rickson pushed John McClelland into a pool - McClelland can't swin and had to be rescued. Both JMc and AM wanted Rickson sacked, DM talked them round.

However, like I said above, Gazza was as guilty, if not more so than Rickson and I think we would have been up in arms if he had been sacked.

This is an unsavoury incident that I hope concludes one way or another very soon - we don't have any substanstial funds to pay him off and or sign a replacement, so it may be that this is a 'final warning' to FR

Cammy F

Different managers have different policies when it comes to discipline. I'm sure if Gazza had behaved like that under PLG he woulf have received the same punishment and likewise for Ricksen under WS. The stupid thing from FR's point of view is that he is still questioning the managers decision if he is so desperate to be a part of this new era, 1 he would have followed the rules set by PLG or 2 if after breaking them he should be eating humble pie and begging for forgiveness.

if after breaking them he should be eating humble pie and begging for forgiveness.

That is what he should be doing, but him saying himself that he thinks he's played his last game for the club and that PLG over-reacted tells me he aint going to be around much longer.

And another thing, the guy has serious anger management issues. After all the things that have happenend in the past ie, The kung fu kick in the sheep game and his old firm scuffles he has still not learned from these mistakes and will probably let us down again in the future. He even had to get dragged away from one of the Linfield players after squaring up on the final whistle last week.