Celtic against league extension

Is anyone else finding it distasteful and bordering on cheating, the way Celtic are acting over the possibility of a league extension? I hear they are planning a tour of Japan straight after the end of the season to force the SPL not to allow the proposed extension.

It is obvious that if Rangers have a worst case scenario of fixtures then this could benefit Celtic if it affects Rangers' performances in the league.

Now, it's not just the unsporting nature of their attitude which sticks in my craw, it is the fact that Rangers had the decorum to agree to postpone a game against them which they requested for very tenuous emotional reasons.

Now this to me is akin to Rangers stopping an attack to kick the ball out of play in an Old Firm game while a Celtic player over acts on the ground after a very mild knock - then Celtic use the throw in to create an attack on Rangers' goal.

Any sense of integrity and fair play at Celtic park should at least result in their support of a one game extension in the league to play the game that they postponed.

However, I just can't see any integrity coming from Snake Mountain...

Can i some this all up in one word ??

Scum

Simple, they will do any litle we thing to gain an advantage. Stop the game happening in January due to McGeady being suspended, McDonald being affected by the death of O'Donnell and Celtic on a bad streak of results. They can't say that the club was affected etc etc by the death, this week a past Celtic player past away who played more times for Celtic than O'Donnell did, so are they going to try and get this game called off as well?

Yet at least they can go on there wee journey to Japan, but hopefully before then they can be counting their Yens while were counting our trophies

I have to say I couldn't believe the stories this morning about the Japan tour and its timing. I'd expect nothing less though from them.

Bain should come out tomorrow and remind people exactly why our games have been postponed.

they are scum and don't give a toss about anyone but themselves as we all know.

looking back to the jan game where we kindly agreed to postpone the old firm game for an ex selik 'squad' player who left them years ago we were in a no win situation with not only the scum fans but most of the country, I really wish this game had been played and even at the time was pissed off it never was just to please others, no one likes us anyway whatever we do right or wrong.

if this was the other way about i'm sure they would be all for it and i doubt we would be saying we are off to play overseas so stuff the extension but i doubt we would want to help them too much either!!

Why should they care? If the glove was on the other hand we'd be wanting to tell Celtic to ram it. Of course they're going to reject any idea of extending the season they'll do anything to try and stop us winning it.

Just remember we shot ourselves in the foot when we got the Gretna game postponed.

Hopefully it won't come to this with Fergie lifting the SPL trophy before the last couple of games this season.

Why should they care? If the glove was on the other hand we'd be wanting to tell Celtic to ram it. Of course they're going to reject any idea of extending the season they'll do anything to try and stop us winning it. Just remember we shot ourselves in the foot when we got the Gretna game postponed.

Hopefully it won't come to this with Fergie lifting the SPL trophy before the last couple of games this season.

Agreed...

I would tell them to GTF if it was the other way around.

At the end of the day you can only trust yourself...

Why should they care? If the glove was on the other hand we'd be wanting to tell Celtic to ram it. Of course they're going to reject any idea of extending the season they'll do anything to try and stop us winning it.

Just remember we shot ourselves in the foot when we got the Gretna game postponed.

Yip agreed, id tell them to shuff it also.

But as someone said above, if we dont have a fixture against them then they can go to Japan and we can play Motherwell.

If we had beaten Partick things would have cleared up a bit also. But we have a big enough squad to play a few games in quick succession. After we beat them on Saturday we'll be on the way to the title anyway.

Watch this space - the next complaint to come from Celtic Pk - 2 OF games were played at Ibrox in a row!!

Watch this space - the next complaint to come from Celtic Pk - 2 OF games were played at Ibrox in a row!!

I've already heard that complaint from several people. Pre-emptive excuses!!!:wanker:

As far as I'm concerned, stuff them.We've got a job to do and lets get on and do it.

I've already heard that complaint from several people. Pre-emptive excuses!!!:wanker:

As far as I'm concerned, stuff them.We've got a job to do and lets get on and do it.

Aye and not a peep from them that the 2 after that will be at Parkhead!!