The "penalty" incident

He flung his leg out so it caught the Celtic defenders and went down. In my book that's a dive as the Celtic defender didn't tackle him!

it's all about opinions m8, he took the ball past the striker and he never moved and as Tommo said was he just to jump out of the way or play for the foul? he played for the foul and got hurt but IMO not a blatant dive.

we won so I don't really care either, not got a voice left after the game :onetoomany:

He flung his leg out so it caught the Celtic defenders and went down. In my book that's a dive as the Celtic defender didn't tackle him!

Looked at it again, and Samaras definitely moved in his direction and then pulled away as he fell.

Thomson, looked to contrive it a wee bit, but technically and semantically it seems obvious that he tripped rather than dived.

The controversy should be about whether he engineered the trip. To me he is so close to Samaras who is moving in that there is no way anyone can draw a definitive conclusion.

If he did engineer it, he didn't have to do much and it wasn't blatent.

Therefore we go to intent. It's a bit much to just accuse someone of cheating when there is such inconclusive evidence.

I think the most likely scenario was that he played the ball in the box and chased it as fast as he could to draw the foul. His leg then hit Samaras' shin and he went over. The fact that it was more Thomson hitting Samaras means that no foul is committed - but also no dive either.

The ref got it right IMHO, and the only reason it's talked about at all is that Celtic are involved and we know what little it takes for them to get in a furore.

Had it been St Mirren v Kilmarnock, it wouldn't have got a mention.

yes and it did as he has said as he was playing for the foul.

not a blatant dive IMO....

I think we need to take off the blue tinted specs here. If say McGeady did the same we'd be calling him a cheating, diving bastard!

I think we need to take off the blue tinted specs here. If say McGeady did the same we'd be calling him a cheating, diving bastard!

Agreed, but I would throw in a few expletives and some leprechuan and tattie munching references as well!!

As I said, the ref made the correct decision. This is the type of simulation that the SFA intend to crack down on from next season so I hope Thommo doesn't make a habit of it.

my blue specs are off m8, can't I have an opinion on it?

you've got your opinion fair enough but i've got mine too, i don't think it was a blatant dive, I can see your point but not your problem with it :cheers: