Same old timothy - reverting to type when the going gets tough.

Their players personified this with the number of tackles they were flying into at the end of the game. Also, that was the 14th Yellow Card that Broonaldo hasn't deserved this season..... NOT!!!

Craig,I must be missing something,in all the years I played and was coached,it was always best to show players wide,away from goals !!!!

I played full back at a decent level Ian and I agree that this is what you would normally do. However, McGeady had Broadfoot in his back pocket and they had two tall strikers waiting on decent crosses - had Broadfoot shown him inside there was plenty of help with Dailly sitting in front of the back four.

I agree you would usually show them outside but that was causing us so many problems in the first half becasue Broadfoot couldn't get to grips with him.

WS sorted it second half to be fair by NOT trying to get KB to push him inside but by doubling up on him.

But first half man on man it was painful to watch. Broadfoot also gave him far too much space.

We lose Thomson for the next OF game and will likely replace him with Hemdani......

They lose Brown for the next OF game and will likely replace him with Robson or Donati.....

Yet they think their squad is far superior - AYE RIGHT !

I've read sometime in the past that some modern managers sometimes prefer the full backs to show the winger the inside. If the defence is organised then it shepherds him towards other defenders which then limits his options.

It also puts him onto his "wrong" foot which is why I think it works best against very one footed wingers who like go wide to put in a good cross from the dead ball line.

Not all managers think this way but there are definitely a few that do.