I phone home from a 'lads holiday' in Kavos from my old man to inform me that Rangers had signed Mo Johnston. I didn't believe him and continued drinking myself into obvillion. It wasn't until I saw a copy of the Sun a few days later that I realised that it was true...

The day that rocked / shocked Scottish Football? A good or bad signing?

Discuss.....!

Cammy F

Definately a good signing because he scored some very important goals for us. If anyone thinks him signing for us was a bad move they need their head read. Maybe the only slight negative thing about it was it meant McCoist had to make do with sitting on the bench instead of starting games.

Overall though it was a good signing.

Definately a good signing because he scored some very important goals for us. If anyone thinks him signing for us was a bad move they need their head read. Maybe the only slight negative thing about it was it meant McCoist had to make do with sitting on the bench instead of starting games.

Overall though it was a good signing.

Agreed that it was initially a good signing as it put the Tims back a few years, but given Ally's scoring record, before, during and after MoJo was sold on, I think the McCoist Hateley partnership was a better bet than MoJo Ally or MoJo and Hateley.

Also, I'll never forget (or even forgive?) MoJo for headbutting Stuart Munro during a Skol Cup Final and his actions directed at the Rangers fans that afternoon.

In saying that, he got my support whilst playing from Rangers but in hindsight (and yeah, its a great thing), I believe his signing could have resulted in us missing out on one of the greatest goal-scoring partnerships in our history.

Cammy F

Yeah he was a good signing.

Plus with the added fact we whipped the carpet from underneath tic's feet.... well that just makes it better, lol.

Extremely controversial signing at the time though, I seem to remember seeing a program with a minority of Rangers fans getting rid of their season tickets that year too because of it.

Mojo did some job of being hated by both sides of the OF - earth shattering signing, at least in Glasgow anyway.

Definitely a good siging and one I'm glad we made. Did those who ripped up their season tickets or stop attending do it because he was a catholic, or a Celtic player?

Did those who ripped up their season tickets or stop attending do it because he was a catholic, or a Celtic player?

Not sure mate, probably a bit of both, its been a while since ive seen the program so its pretty vague.

.....surely i wasnt the only one to see it!! lol

Doesn't mean SOME didn't tear up their season tickets though

Oh it doesn't - but lets not forget that The Daily Record and The Sun paid people to stand at the side of Ibrox and burn 'season tickets' and scarves etc.

Cammy F

Oh it doesn't - but lets not forget that The Daily Record and The Sun paid people to stand at the side of Ibrox and burn 'season tickets' and scarves etc.

Cammy F

Are they really THAT anti-Rangers ?