I dont think half the Manu squad are tbh, same with Chelsea. Liverpool only have 2, 3 at best and my 3rd choce will be argued about and dismissed.

Arsenal, I think maybe 3 at the moment.

As I say, thats one for tomorrow.

Man U have the strongest squad IMO - every position is well covered and they have more flexibility in their squad position wise than Chelsea.

I think Liverpool's squad is better than Arsenal's but it is close. I think that Benitez will be more active in the transfer market than Wenger but that won't necessarily mean that they will be all the stronger for it.

Hopefully Liverpool put up more of a fight next year (and Arsenal too I guess...) to make it more interesting.

PS it also took losing to a lower division club and fan displeasure that resulted in the change of policy.

The heirarchy at Liverpool is a shambles at the moment so who knows what will happen next season.

I dont think half the Manu squad are tbh, same with Chelsea. Liverpool only have 2, 3 at best and my 3rd choce will be argued about and dismissed.

Arsenal, I think maybe 3 at the moment.

As I say, thats one for tomorrow.

Man U - Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Giggs, Ronaldo, Rooney, Nani, Hargreaves - and that is just for starters

Chelsea - Ballack, Lampard, Cole, Cech, Sheva (still has it), Drogba, Joe Cole - again just off the top of my head

Liverpool - Carragher, Gerrard, Alonso, Torres (obviously) and a few more besides

Arsenal - Toure, Fabregas, van Persie (when fit), Rosicky - with notables being Adebayor, Hleb, Flamini (very effective at what he does).

There are soooooooo many that could be included

Man U - Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Giggs, Ronaldo, Rooney, Nani, Hargreaves - and that is just for starters

Chelsea - Ballack, Lampard, Cole, Cech, Sheva (still has it), Drogba, Joe Cole - again just off the top of my head

Liverpool - Carragher, Gerrard, Alonso, Torres (obviously) and a few more besides

Arsenal - Toure, Fabregas, van Persie (when fit), Rosicky - with notables being Adebayor, Hleb, Flamini (very effective at what he does).

There are soooooooo many that could be included

OK, from yours, I'm a little more strict

Man U - Ferdinand(almost), Vidic(another season maybe but very close), Giggs(past it), Ronaldo, Rooney, Hargreaves

Chelsea - Ballack, Lampard, Cech,Drogba, Carvhallo

Liverpool - Carragher(almost), Gerrard, Torres

Arsenal - Fabregas, van, Adebayor, Hleb, Flamini (almost there)

Spurs - Keane, Berbatov

It's late an I'm physched for tomorrow but they are the two that immediately spring to mind.

I wouldnt shoot your views down Jon ! You are entitled to your opinion, just like the rest of us.

GK - Lehmann too old and Almunia not good enough

Defence - I dont think Clichy is the answer at LB. Gallas and Toure are good enough but they need back up. Sagna is a very good RB but again they need back up - neither Senderos nor Hoyte are good enough back up

Midfield - Fabregas, Flamini, Hleb and Rosicky are all very good players - Flamini is unsing but it is his tackling and hassling which allows Fabregas to play further forward

Forwards - Van Persie, Adebayor and Eduardo are all quality but will Eduardo be the same player ???

Walcott is obviously being nurtured a bit more and at the moment he seems to be more of an impact player from the bench due to his pace - he will struggle to displace Hleb and Rosicky when they are fit but he is a good squad player to have and will grow into a starter.

Another thing that might hurt Arsenal if Wenger doesnt sign anyone is Euro 08. He needs Van Persie to get a full rest this summer as he is a massive player for them when 100%. Fabregas is another who needs a rest.

To go over there squad a bit more:

Goalkeeper - Definatly need a world class keeper, if not 2 keepers! They have never replaced Seaman IMO. Lehmann can be a good keeper at times but is still a liability as much as an asset.

Defence - Have to disagree with you on Clichy Craig. I think he is great LB. Its more RB they have slight problems, Sagna is good but not fully estalished yet. Eboue moved Lauren from this position now he is playing midfield. Toure and Gallas have to be the centre half partnership and if there is a problem at RB Toure shouldnt be moved out there. But they definatly need a back up centre half.

Midfield - They are awesome at playing but they lack a bit of height and strength that Vieira was so good at. Flamini, Fabregas, Hleb and Rosicky are all superb footballers but they are 5ft 10" at most. Gilberto hasnt been the same player this year and will probably move on in the summer so he will need replaced. Diaby and Eboue are fine subs. Walcott is one for the future but needs to start playing more.

They will need to replace Gilberto. Id say a Rino Gattuso type player or Pirlo to sit and protect there defence would be the final piece of there jigsaw.

Forwards - Will Eduardo come back the same player? Larsson did twice so there is hope but it will depend on him mentally. As i said Van Persie needs a full rest and pre season. Adebyeor had a brilliant season until February. Bentnar causes few problems but he isnt world class and they need a Fernando Torres.

Ps I think Arsenal lack English bite and Mentality when it comes to defending leads. Put John Terry and Wayne Rooney in that team and they would be unstoppable, so I think they should sign an english player or 2. David Bentley would be a good start.

Guest Ibroxian
Ps I think Arsenal lack English bite and Mentality when it comes to defending leads. Put John Terry and Wayne Rooney in that team and they would be unstoppable, so I think they should sign an english player or 2. David Bentley would be a good start.

That is a very good point. I often wonder if many teams full of foreign players and with a foreign manager and foreign owner realise the significance of a local derby. Can they raise their game for the fans or is it just another match for them. What do you think?