But Wenger has said he'll only buy one player in the summer!

That is what I meant when I said that his stubbornness could cost them a chance of challenging again - he needs to strengthen in my opinion, but he refuses to see that.

That is what I meant when I said that his stubbornness could cost them a chance of challenging again - he needs to strengthen in my opinion, but he refuses to see that.

It's daft - there is no way to be sure Eduardo will be the same player if and when he comes back, there defence is shaky, he's obviously unsure of his keepers (was Almunia injured today, cos he wasn't on the bench). I reckon, to compete properly they need 3 first team players and 2 or 3 new squad players.

Fair point Gribz, but I still think they need to strengthen - if you need to rely on Senderos then you are in trouble. And Wenger has already said that he doesn't need to strengthen the squad - will be interesting to see what he does with personnel.

But their squad isn't close to being as good as Man U's in my opinion.

I dont think he will tinker to much in the summer. I think he needs a 3 players. He needs a new keeper, Lehmann needs punted coz he is 38 and doesnt keep his mouth shut, and Almunia just isnt a top level keeper that you need. Chelsea and Man Utd have 2 class keepers plus a good 3rd choice.

He needs a new centre half to cover Gallas and Toure. They are first pick but for some reason he moves Toure to RB.

Finally he needs a world class striker. They excelled without Henry this season until the going got tough where they needed his experience and goals. Could they re-sign him?? But they should have bought Anelka back.

It's daft - there is no way to be sure Eduardo will be the same player if and when he comes back, there defence is shaky, he's obviously unsure of his keepers (was Almunia injured today, cos he wasn't on the bench). I reckon, to compete properly they need 3 first team players and 2 or 3 new squad players.

Almunia injured his wrist in training I think.

It IS daft. I agree that they need 3 first teamers and, as Gribz says, they need a keeper, a CD as they dont have quality cover for Toure and Gallas and they also need a striker.

They have suffered from injuries but they just dont have the same depth as Man U and Chelsea - and it isn't like Wenger doesn't have the cash to spend either !

Aye , you two are right.

Except Wenger has come out and said he will only sign one player.....he trusts his squad. Thats a fair enough comment if Sendaros wasnt in his squad. Eboue has done very little.

There are probably a few more. Their midfield, or rather, Febragas, Flamini (?) and Helb seem fine.

I'm trying to be fair here so give me a chance.

Out of their defence, is there anyone who you would change that Whinger (sorry Wenger) wouldnt?

Midfield, will V.Persie stay fit? Difficult one as he is a great player. I mentioned the 3 I would pick although Flamini is very much down compared to the other two.

Welcott.....when will Whinger (Wenger, sorry) start him on a consistant run, surely he has shown enough that he can play a vital role.

On that note, thtas why it suprises me with Walcott. Whinger has been so good and consistent with bringing through youngsters, why not start Walcott most games as he has done others, with great success? Or does he see something missing?

Attack? Edabayour is fantastic and easily relaced an ego fancied Henry (great player nonetheless) but he needs someone there with him if they are not always to try and walk it in the net.

I wouldn't change the manager, he has nurtured these players, or most of them, another coming in I dont believe will ever be an option.

I'm not going into his antics and reactions after the game as they are well known. A little honesty on all counts I think would help.

My views, I'm sure I will be shot down.

Whinger has come out and said he will only add one player to his squad next season as he has faith in the current squad. That was said during the game a couple of times an a couple of times by Richard Keys to the pundits afterwards

I wouldnt shoot your views down Jon ! You are entitled to your opinion, just like the rest of us.

GK - Lehmann too old and Almunia not good enough

Defence - I dont think Clichy is the answer at LB. Gallas and Toure are good enough but they need back up. Sagna is a very good RB but again they need back up - neither Senderos nor Hoyte are good enough back up

Midfield - Fabregas, Flamini, Hleb and Rosicky are all very good players - Flamini is unsing but it is his tackling and hassling which allows Fabregas to play further forward

Forwards - Van Persie, Adebayor and Eduardo are all quality but will Eduardo be the same player ???

I think a lot of the problem with Arsenal is that they try to walk it into the net too often - they see all the hype about how great they play the game, but they over-elaborate too often. Take a freaking shot !!

Walcott is obviously being nurtured a bit more and at the moment he seems to be more of an impact player from the bench due to his pace - he will struggle to displace Hleb and Rosicky when they are fit but he is a good squad player to have and will grow into a starter.

I think they need to simply shoot more often as opposed to walking the ball in and they need to do something with the defence, they leak some amount of goals.

Re his antics and comments after the game I cant comment on antics but it seems he and Fergie agreed that Arsenal should have taken something from the game - if he said something controversial then I apologise as I havent heard his post match interview

You have named 5 players there who are too old or not good enough, yet Whinger has stated he needs and will sign only one player in the summer.

I agree with you, Arsenal need more.....as do Liverpool; probably moreso.

It brings me onto an interesting point I was discussing earlier, who in the EPL would you class world/European class..... I'll maybe do something on it tomorrow

You have named 5 players there who are too old or not good enough, yet Whinger has stated he needs and will sign only one player in the summer.

I agree with you, Arsenal need more.....as do Liverpool; probably moreso.

It brings me onto an interesting point I was discussing earlier, who in the EPL would you class world/European class..... I'll maybe do something on it tomorrow

I actually think Liverpool are better positioned than Arsenal for next year, if Benitez would ditch his rotation system.

That is my point Re Wenger - he is too stubborn/arrogant to think that he only needs one player. I don't disagree with him actually - but only if he went through the season without injuries and/or suspensions, which we all know doesnt happen.

In the EPL who do you regard as World class ? Would take AGES to list them, far too many - half the Man U squad for a start

I think the best comparrison to make is between Arsenal/Liverpool and Manure/Chelsea.

Who has the stronger squads? The answer is rhetorical. Yet Manure and Chelsea will still try and strengthen, only a guess, but probably to a greater extent that LIverpool/Arsenal will (in Pool's case, i hope not).

Rolls on from the end of my last post, but thats for tomorrow.