Rino, Winning The World Cup and The Scottish Media

Firstly, congratulations to Rino on becoming a World Cup winner, the wee man had a very decent campaign and I am delighted for him.

However, I reviewed today�s Scottish media fully expecting (tongue firmly implanted in cheek) full page spreads, colour pull-outs etc dedicated to Rino as an ex-star of the Scottish game. I fully expected Graeme Speirs to be eulogising about Rino;s thighs in a Larsson-esque gay fantasy article.

Well, to my surprise, Rinoââ?¬â?¢s affiliation to Rangers and the Scottish game hardly merited a mention ââ?¬â?? now, compare and contrast to the attention given to larsson after the CL final and in the build up to the Sweden v England game.

As I posted the other week, maybe Rino�s refusal to swap jerseys with a Craptic player or his comments that Craptic fans, resplendent in their crucifixes used to bore him to death with talk of religion during his stay in Glasgow hasn�t gone down too well with the TWATS (Tims With A Typewriter).

Cammy F

totally agree cammy.

martin o squeal nearly made me throw a punch at the t.v last night.

he said that rino was never a good player and wouldn be the type of player that would have made it.

then he went on to say but there he is and he`s been the player of the tournament.

fuckin wanker. tells you what he knows about players saying rino was pish a few years ago:admin:

I dont think we can really compare Rino's career in Scotland compared to Larsson's, he was one of the best players, whether I/we like it or not, to play in this country.

Plus Rino was only with us for 18 months and his career only really took off when he made it to Milan.

But i know what you mean, the Rangers fans loved him and I still hoping he comes back one day.

TBH im done with the scottish mhedia, its not just us being paranoid, its plain for all to see what the majority of them think of Rangers FC.

Rino Gattuso, 1 WC medal, 1 CL medal (2 finals).

On yersel wee man. :thup: :thup: :thup:

Would I be right in saying he's married to a Scottish lass from Glasgow ??

I herad something like that a few months ago ?

think theres a poster on this forum who knows his wife!

might be `rinogattuso` the gersnet member, not the real guy!

Congrats to the wee man I loved him from the time he was with us.I always follow the careers of ex Gers players and alway like to see them do well.

Larsson will always get good press here as he was their golden boy just like Ally,and like Ally they always wanted to be his pal.

Saw his house on footballers Cribs. His wife.... tremendous! Shes from glasgow but part italian.

The guys a legend.

I saw Di Matteos place the other day on cribs, nice but not my cup of tea. Also saw Ameobi's place, he has everything you need for a frindge team player.

I think they should do Alan Stubbs house, that semi detatched he bought in Liverpool :D