RST Call for Meeting with Lawwell and Police

Surely if he's saying that it makes sense, that's his way of calling for it? Can't see the difference in the two views.

The Trust isn't asking Celtic to close the gorund, they are hinting that the SFA should take that measure as Celtic can't ensure safety.

I think you've highlighted the difference yourself, mate.

Which they will. The Trust isn't asking Celtic to close the gorund, they are hinting that the SFA should take that measure as Celtic can't ensure safety. Which is slightly ludicrous, as what team can ensure that not one of 60,000 or so people won't do something daft!

So there should be no sanctions against the club?

They have a history of it. How many people were caught throwing coins in 1999? How many people were caught throwing coins and lighters at Ricksen? The guy get onto the pitch, run up to Dida, hit him and managed to get out of the ground without getting caught.

You can't ensure one person out of 60,000 doesn't do something crazy, but you should at least be able to identify who it was and try and prevent him from coming back into the ground. Celtic are failing in this.

The police are also failing in their duties and allowing supporters buses to get attacked on numeropus occasions when leaving the area.

Guest scotzine

stewarty gary caldwell received a red card not a yellow - mcmanus got a yellow card - yet ferguson got nothing in his part of the handbags - and aye caldwell throws a punch like a lassie

So there should be no sanctions against the club?

They have a history of it. How many people were caught throwing coins in 1999? How many people were caught throwing coins and lighters at Ricksen? The guy get onto the pitch, run up to Dida, hit him and managed to get out of the ground without getting caught.

You can't ensure one person out of 60,000 doesn't do something crazy, but you should at least be able to identify who it was and try and prevent him from coming back into the ground. Celtic are failing in this.

The police are also failing in their duties and allowing supporters buses to get attacked on numeropus occasions when leaving the area.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be sanctions. I think the argument that they can't guarantee safety is flawed as there can be no guarantee. However, as there has been a history at Porkheid, they have to have some repercussions to discourage their 'supporters' from continuing the behaviour. As to the nature of the repercussions, I don't think ground closure is the way and neither is a fine - ground closure is unfair on the majority of support that don't participate in the nonsense and a fine, unless ridiculously large, won't affect in the necessary way. A points deduction would be, I think, a better option.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be sanctions. I think the argument that they can't guarantee safety is flawed as there can be no guarantee. However, as there has been a history at Porkheid, they have to have some repercussions to discourage their 'supporters' from continuing the behaviour. As to the nature of the repercussions, I don't think ground closure is the way and neither is a fine - ground closure is unfair on the majority of support that don't participate in the nonsense and a fine, unless ridiculously large, won't affect in the necessary way. A points deduction would be, I think, a better option.

I'm against a point deduction. Their three points on Wednesday may be the most immorally won in the history of Scottish football but the integrity of the competition needs to be maintained or else there will be calls for points deductions all over the place.

A better solution may be to close small areas of the ground for a game where the offences take place. This would result in some sort of self-policing from the fans themselves and wouldn't affect the majority of the support.

stewarty gary caldwell received a red card not a yellow - mcmanus got a yellow card - yet ferguson got nothing in his part of the handbags - and aye caldwell throws a punch like a lassie

Ferguson did nothing.

Both red cards were incredibly harsh given McGeady and Hesselink had both raised their hands earlier in the actual game - to no punishment.

Ferguson did nothing.

Both red cards were incredibly harsh given McGeady and Hesselink had both raised their hands earlier in the actual game - to no punishment.

i think that's what pisses me off, the inconsistency through that whole game was shocking.

If naismith got a yellow card for coming on to the pitch then why didn't samaras at the penalty incident?

Hartley going in with the studs up on lee and vinegar deliberately taking out novo compared to broadfoot where he won the ball, all got yellows.

Robson assaulting daily in the first minute, not even spoken to?

Mcgeady and vinegar lifting their hands yet nothing?

mcmanus swinging for fergie a yellow card?

Blatant mcdonald dives should be a yellow card at least not even spoken to?

handbags at the end and 2 red cards.

not that i'm paranoid :onetoomany:

I'm against a point deduction. Their three points on Wednesday may be the most immorally won in the history of Scottish football but the integrity of the competition needs to be maintained or else there will be calls for points deductions all over the place.

A better solution may be to close small areas of the ground for a game where the offences take place. This would result in some sort of self-policing from the fans themselves and wouldn't affect the majority of the support.

Again, you're punishing the majority for the actions of the few. The supporters are there representing their club, not their fellow fans, therefore for the actions to bear consequence it is the club who should punished, not the bloke sitting 5 rows in front.

A charter should be put in place to deal with such issues. It doesn't happen that often in Scotland, but when it does it should be stamped on, hard. A points deduction, especially as the league is, would make the people who do this think twice, especially if there was a structure in place that the clubs and fans were aware of.

Again, you're punishing the majority for the actions of the few. The supporters are there representing their club, not their fellow fans, therefore for the actions to bear consequence it is the club who should punished, not the bloke sitting 5 rows in front.

A charter should be put in place to deal with such issues. It doesn't happen that often in Scotland, but when it does it should be stamped on, hard. A points deduction, especially as the league is, would make the people who do this think twice, especially if there was a structure in place that the clubs and fans were aware of.

But surely you are punishing everyone by deducting points from their club?

I still believe self-policing would be an effective way to deal with it. Yes, there may be innocent people caught up in it, but how many of these "innocent" people reported the guilty parties at the Ricksen incident, for example?