RST Call for Meeting with Lawwell and Police

i think that's what pisses me off, the inconsistency through that whole game was shocking.

If naismith got a yellow card for coming on to the pitch then why didn't samaras at the penalty incident?

Hartley going in with the studs up on lee and vinegar deliberately taking out novo compared to broadfoot where he won the ball, all got yellows.

Robson assaulting daily in the first minute, not even spoken to?

Mcgeady and vinegar lifting their hands yet nothing?

mcmanus swinging for fergie a yellow card?

Blatant mcdonald dives should be a yellow card at least not even spoken to?

handbags at the end and 2 red cards.

not that i'm paranoid :onetoomany:

The Robson 'tackle' on Dailly set the tone. I thought two things when that happened - firstly, it's gona ba a tasty match and secondly, things aren't gonna go our way.

10 years ago, Kenny Clarke would have been one of our worst refs but unfortunately now, he's actually one of or best - that's how far the referreeing standards have slipped. Consistency is non-existent and the rules and regulations appear not to be being adhered to. Refs should be required to participate in a post-match interview allowing them to explain their decisions.

But surely you are punishing everyone by deducting points from their club?

I still believe self-policing would be an effective way to deal with it. Yes, there may be innocent people caught up in it, but how many of these "innocent" people reported the guilty parties at the Ricksen incident, for example?

But will Johnny Coin-thrower be bothered if Jimmy Sit-on-his-arse a few rows back misses the next game? Probably not. Will he be bothered if his club drops points which could cost them the league? Damn right he will. Make an example of it and watch it die out. I said this after the Dida incident, those that are out there for our entertainment have a right to be protected.

Supporters sholdn't be put in the position where they feel the need to grass up those that they sit next to season after season. That responsibilty shouldn't fall on the punter but on the club they represent.

But will Johnny Coin-thrower be bothered if Jimmy Sit-on-his-arse a few rows back misses the next game? Probably not. Will he be bothered if his club drops points which could cost them the league? Damn right he will. Make an example of it and watch it die out. I said this after the Dida incident, those that are out there for our entertainment have a right to be protected.

Supporters sholdn't be put in the position where they feel the need to grass up those that they sit next to season after season. That responsibilty shouldn't fall on the punter but on the club they represent.

Agreed, in the CCTV age, they should be able to get enough coverage of fans to provide reasonable assurance that any naughty behaviour will be caught on camera. One thing that would make a difference though is common sense stewarding. If they are doing their job properly and have the authority to remove offending fans then alot of this would neve happen in the first place. Unfortunately we have Little Hitlers who are more interested in watching the game than doing their job.

Agreed, in the CCTV age, they should be able to get enough coverage of fans to provide reasonable assurance that any naughty behaviour will be caught on camera. One thing that would make a difference though is common sense stewarding. If they are doing their job properly and have the authority to remove offending fans then alot of this would neve happen in the first place. Unfortunately we have Little Hitlers who are more interested in watching the game than doing their job.

And I think that is exactly the point Edgar is trying to make. Celtic stewards are not doing their job and not protecting those who require it and as such should suffer punitive measures. Clubs are punished through the suspension of their players when they misbehave and should be punished if their fans do likewise. A 50 grand fine though isn't going to make any difference. Celtic fritter that away weekly on Riordan and Baldes' salaries.

And I think that is exactly the point Edgar is trying to make. Celtic stewards are not doing their job and not protecting those who require it and as such should suffer punitive measures. Clubs are punished through the suspension of their players when they misbehave and should be punished if their fans do likewise. A 50 grand fine though isn't going to make any difference. Celtic fritter that away weekly on Riordan and Baldes' salaries.

A fine is the only likely punishment, if anything. And our fines from UEFA weren't anything like �£50k IIRC so it probablhy wouldn't be that much anyway.

A fine is the only likely punishment, if anything. And our fines from UEFA weren't anything like �£50k IIRC so it probablhy wouldn't be that much anyway.

The amount was just a throwaway figure. And that is exactly my pont - what sort of deterrent is that?:mad:

The amount was just a throwaway figure. And that is exactly my pont - what sort of deterrent is that?:mad:

Well, to a large extent we have cleaned up our act so the fines dished out by UEFA have worked. It's not so much the initial fines but the possible further sanctions should they not take heed.

Guest scotzine

am sorry frankie but ferguson was part of the melee and he actually had to be dragged away initially by a celtic player and even when he was still going up the tunnel he was at it - mouthing off etc fine players should never raise their hands but youve seen the pictures of both weir and caldwell grabbing one naother round the throats - from one angle u see caldwell grabbing him roudn the back of the neck rather in the front unlike weir - but both of them deserved red cards.... mcmanus and ferguson both deserved yellows as for mcgeady raising his hands - he pushed novo because novo threw the ball away - thats a yellow card for both then if u book mcgeady u book novo for unsportsmanlike conduct also - as for hesselink raising his hands???? wasnt he just jumping for the ball and his elbows were flailing - everyone knows that you cant jump up without using ur arms etc a non starter for me.

there should have been a few more bookings for both sides throughout the game but nothing warranted getting sent off in the game until the aftermath.

am sorry frankie but ferguson was part of the melee and he actually had to be dragged away initially by a celtic player and even when he was still going up the tunnel he was at it - mouthing off etc fine players should never raise their hands but youve seen the pictures of both weir and caldwell grabbing one naother round the throats - from one angle u see caldwell grabbing him roudn the back of the neck rather in the front unlike weir - but both of them deserved red cards.... mcmanus and ferguson both deserved yellows as for mcgeady raising his hands - he pushed novo because novo threw the ball away - thats a yellow card for both then if u book mcgeady u book novo for unsportsmanlike conduct also - as for hesselink raising his hands???? wasnt he just jumping for the ball and his elbows were flailing - everyone knows that you cant jump up without using ur arms etc a non starter for me.

there should have been a few more bookings for both sides throughout the game but nothing warranted getting sent off in the game until the aftermath.

amazing how we both see things differently, but please some of what you have said is just crap sorry.........

handbags at the end compaired to assaults with elbows from the first minute and nothing done.

Fergie done nothing wrong if you do watch it, and mcmanus was lucky with a yellow IMO.

you can't jump without using your arms? but you do know where they should be going and its not near the players face!!

So letting the ball drop out of your hands is a yellow in your eyes, lifting your hands is meant to be an offense no?

watch it again without your green tinted specs on........

Disagree. Vinegars tackle on Novo was a straight red. He knew he had no chance of getting the ball therefore it is a pure case of intentional kicking, As far as i know Intentional kicking is a red card offence.