Boro in for Davis....

MIDDLESBROUGH will make a �£7million double raid for midfielders Giles Barnes and Steven Davis.

Boro manager Gareth Southgate needs to bolster his ranks with Fabio Rochemback, Julio Arca and George Boateng destined to leave this summer.

He will bid �£3m for Derby star Barnes, 19, and �£4m for Fulham ace Davis, who is on loan at Rangers.

Newcastle tried in January to land Barnes with a cheeky �£1.5m offer â�� but Rams boss Paul Jewell is resigned to losing him.

Fulham want to cash in on Davis, 23, with Rangers also happy to pay �£4m.

Hopefully he has fallen in love with the Gers and will want to come North on a permanent deal.

MIDDLESBROUGH will make a �£7million double raid for midfielders Giles Barnes and Steven Davis.

Boro manager Gareth Southgate needs to bolster his ranks with Fabio Rochemback, Julio Arca and George Boateng destined to leave this summer.

He will bid �£3m for Derby star Barnes, 19, and �£4m for Fulham ace Davis, who is on loan at Rangers.

Newcastle tried in January to land Barnes with a cheeky �£1.5m offer â�� but Rams boss Paul Jewell is resigned to losing him.

Fulham want to cash in on Davis, 23, with Rangers also happy to pay �£4m.

Hopefully he has fallen in love with the Gers and will want to come North on a permanent deal.

He has always been in love with rangers so that is not the main issue. The level of his wages will probably be the deciding factor.

This is also driving up the price and I can see us avoiding getting into a bidding war. We just can't afford it.

For 4M I would have to hope that he improves with time as he's not really playing �£4M football right now, even though he's playing well. He's no Van Bronkhurst, Albertz or Gazza. I don't think he's even achieved the level of 2.5M Reyna.

This is also driving up the price and I can see us avoiding getting into a bidding war. We just can't afford it.

For 4M I would have to hope that he improves with time as he's not really playing �£4M football right now, even though he's playing well. He's no Van Bronkhurst, Albertz or Gazza. I don't think he's even achieved the level of 2.5M Reyna.

Agreed,it's a big gamble paying that kind of money,I would have thought 2.5M is a decent price.IMO.

If he does go to boro then it just shows how big an effect money has in football.

Leaving to go to a team who are quiet simply an embarrasment to the premiership brining 20,000 fans to home games with no european football.

Davis was brilliant first few games but would I be correct in saying he has dropped off recently??

Id still like to get him signed up but 4 million against 7 million will swing things for Boro. But hopefully the young man goes with his wishes and signs!

Davis was brilliant first few games but would I be correct in saying he has dropped off recently??

Id still like to get him signed up but 4 million against 7 million will swing things for Boro. But hopefully the young man goes with his wishes and signs!

Have you got that wrong Gribz the 7 million is for 2 players Barnes and Davis as far as i can see the two teams are offering 4 mill for Davis. To go higher would be stupid imo.

I thought we had an agreed fee with Fulham of about �£3million, so no matter what Boro or others offer Fulham it shouldn't affect whether our bid is accepted - it'll depend on where Davis wants to go.