For the record i didn't think Faye played bad when he came on but he or Dailly should have had McDonald instead of Broadfoot at the penalty

Agreed, McDonald is a striker and should have been getting marked by a CB (Gaye or Dailly). Also, I think Papac has to take some blame as he was the defender playing McDonald onside - had he stepped out McDonald would have been off by a few yards.

Broadfoot takes some big criticism but lets not forget that he is being asked to play out of position and he is a young guy who is doing the best he can in a position which isnt his own.

Also agree Re Faye - he actually did OK when he came on (aside from one terrible touch which went out of play) - he still doesn't fill you with confidence but he did reasonably well for a guy that hasn't played for 6 months.

craig we cant keep holding up the fact that broadfoot is being played out of position as an excuse to his poor showing at rightback. the bottom line is he just isnt good enough to play for Rangers. his form is well below Rangers standard. The same for whittaker. His performances over the piece have been rank rotten. He is forever being caught in possesion and when he does get himself into a decent position he trips over his own feet. i for one wont miss him while hes suspended.

Walter really needs to have a rethink about these guys, they are dragging us down and the sooner he sees that the better.

As for the game today i thought we deserved a draw but knew the writing was on the wall when weir came off injured. The atmosphere was tremendous and it was all down to the away support. We really got behind the team today and outsung the mhanks from start to finish. Something we will have to do from now till the end of the season.

craig we cant keep holding up the fact that broadfoot is being played out of position as an excuse to his poor showing at rightback. the bottom line is he just isnt good enough to play for Rangers. his form is well below Rangers standard. The same for whittaker. His performances over the piece have been rank rotten. He is forever being caught in possesion and when he does get himself into a decent position he trips over his own feet. i for one wont miss him while hes suspended.

Walter really needs to have a rethink about these guys, they are dragging us down and the sooner he sees that the better.

As for the game today i thought we deserved a draw but knew the writing was on the wall when weir came off injured. The atmosphere was tremendous and it was all down to the away support. We really got behind the team today and outsung the mhanks from start to finish. Something we will have to do from now till the end of the season.

I am not using Broadfoot playing out of position as an excuse though, it is a statement of fact that he is being played out of position. He is doing his best which hasnt been good enough of late but the problem is who else do you put in there ? The only options seem to be Dailly (but he was needed at CB) or Whittaker (but he was needed at LM). We didn't have any other reasonable options at RB.

he is being made the scapegoat for giving away the pen but what about the CB's ? What were they doing ? He was covering for them because they BOTH lost McDonald.

Is Broadfoot good enough ? Maybe not, but he wasn't bought to be a RB yet that is how we are judging him. I don't think that is fair.

I actually thought Whittaker did reasonably well today - he is another that is being asked to play out of position - these guys should be judged when playing their favoured positions (I sense a "Buffel" post from Gribz.... :fish:)

The writing was definitely on the wall when Weir went off because our ONLY option was Faye and he had to play CB. But the Tims didnt create much until we had to chase the game.

I actually don't think they will win their remaining three games, I think they will drop points.

We have a LOT of players out injured and/or suspended but we are still hanging in there despite everyone outside of Rangers trying to prise the league from our grasp (by ANY means possible).

id be far more comfortable playing whittaker at right back but only reason for that is he is the best of two poor options for that position. we should have brought in another right back when we sold hutton, that has become evidently clear.

the Aberdeen incedent and todays allowed offside goal will go a long way to deciding who wins the league i fear. we have enough on our plate as it is without them getting get out of jail free cards.

Have to agree with that .... we have been using players out of position and although they take the money at the end of the week it is allot to pile on there shoulders. Broadfoot is putting in the effort, but he is not refined as an RB.

It is in no doubt WS will strengthen in the summer, but let us hope that silly sending off's and injuries do not spoil what could be a great season.

One other worrying thing is that the tims have a seven goal advantage that we have to make up on our three extra games. If we can pull that back in it is worth another point.

All things considered i agree with Craig, id rather be in our position but its going to be tough. St Mirren wont be the gimme everyone says. We just have to go out there and win some football matches and we'll be champions.