Personally i think he will be kicking himself for being so stupid. I think he has been a good player for us and will not be disappointed if he stays for another season.

Personally i think he will be kicking himself for being so stupid. I think he has been a good player for us and will not be disappointed if he stays for another season.

Agreed. It's a shame as he would have been a major player for us in the final.

Tosser, frankly.

His attitude stinks and that tonight was an utter show of petulance.

JCD can do a job in the final for 60-70 minutes and we have adequate replacements without Cousin.

I thought he played well and he worked their defence a lot more than JCD.

What he did was foolish and he deserved the yellow, no doubt - but it looked more like they were merely getting in each other's faces.

Liverani was at it too, so should also have been carded.

The downside to all this is that he misses out on the chance to play in the final - and he is a good player to come on.

It was stupidity but, as Pete says, these things happen in the heat of the moment. Plenty of other players have done it before and he won't be the last.

To try to make a comparison (not sure it is a good one but here goes....) what about the yellow that Ferguson got in the 2nd leg of the QF against Sporting which put him out of the first leg of the semi ? He got yellow carded and therefore suspended from the next game - for kicking the ball away. That was as stupid a yellow as Cousin's. Yes, Cousin was sent off and could have cost us, but so could Ferguson's - both were stupid yet there is outcry over Cousin's but not Fergie's.

I agrere with Craig but I'm ready to argue anyway... ;)

I have no problem with Daniel Cousin. He is a very good footballer when he can be bothered. :thup:

Personally I would play a one legged Kris Boyd before him every single time!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thup: Special K know's where the goal is!

Very disappointed in his attitude - how stupid was that!! He wasnt a malice headbut and the guy over reacted but he should know you cant square up to people using your head.

He is a fool and the likes of Novo and Darcheville show up when it comes to attitude. Personally when it happened I was raging thinking it could cost us and id have made him fly back home himself.

He has lost out on the chance to win a european medal, but the likes of Novo and JCD are more deserving of a place in the team.

Dont get me wrong, Cousin is a good player when he wants to be but that was plain silly!

Very disappointed in his attitude - how stupid was that!! He wasnt a malice headbut and the guy over reacted but he should know you cant square up to people using your head.

He is a fool and the likes of Novo and Darcheville show up when it comes to attitude. Personally when it happened I was raging thinking it could cost us and id have made him fly back home himself.

He has lost out on the chance to win a european medal, but the likes of Novo and JCD are more deserving of a place in the team.

Dont get me wrong, Cousin is a good player when he wants to be but that was plain silly!

Novo was lucky to get away with having a kick at a player last night. Novo's never say die attitude is great but how often has he been sent off for senseless kick-outs. JCD was sent off stupidly against Lyon. Cousin made a mistake but as i say i think he will be the one kicking himself today.