Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

I think it's more likely there would be no more than a murmur of discontent before composed silence returned to the Ibrox stands. Perhaps the odd "tut tut Walter, I hope you cleared this with Sir David", before heading for home after 70 minutes.

I know you're being tongue-in-cheek, but what realistically would you want to happen? Mass picket of Ibrox? Full-scale pitch invasion? Polite letter from the Rangers Assembly? Call for season ticket boycott? (bit late for that). Any chance of meaningful supporter participation seems to have evaporated with the demise of the RST.

I know you're being tongue-in-cheek, but what realistically would you want to happen? Mass picket of Ibrox? Full-scale pitch invasion? Polite letter from the Rangers Assembly? Call for season ticket boycott? (bit late for that). Any chance of meaningful supporter participation seems to have evaporated with the demise of the RST.

The RST has been nothing but a manipulated deflection that has achieved sfa and will in future do no different. We have no united voice, just more disunited organisations than any group of fans deserves.

No one hears the supporter at this club and I suspect it will be some time yet before the pain is bad enough to galvanise the serially apathetic. Until then we will continue to slide in the same way we can all see these last few years.

The RST has been nothing but a manipulated deflection that has achieved sfa and will in future do no different. We have no united voice, just more disunited organisations than any group of fans deserves.

No one hears the supporter at this club and I suspect it will be some time yet before the pain is bad enough to galvanise the serially apathetic. Until then we will continue to slide in the same way we can all see these last few years.

But is the voice of the supporter heard at any other club in today's climate? Look at Man U during the takeover. Some 'real' fans had to form United FC - their own club. Where are they now?

When the what you call 'serially apathetic' are galvanised, what do you then expect from them? That's my point.

But is the voice of the supporter heard at any other club in today's climate? Look at Man U during the takeover. Some 'real' fans had to form United FC - their own club. Where are they now?

When the what you call 'serially apathetic' are galvanised, what do you then expect from them? That's my point.

What do YOU expect from them?

What do YOU expect from them?

That's right, throw the question back at me when you launched the rant! All right, then, I suppose I'd expect a civilised, organised demonstration outside the gates containing many of the 100,000 who followed to Manchester (where were they all v. the Kaunas home tie?). That would at least make the powers that be think. The big problem as I've said before is, to actually identify a credible manager who is available and who would come to Ibrox. It's still a great job, but with no Europe it's much less attractive. So when we say 'Smith out' we must have in mind at least some names.

Remember, PLG sounded great when he was first mooted, but who is the PLG of today?

That's right, throw the question back at me when you launched the rant! All right, then, I suppose I'd expect a civilised, organised demonstration outside the gates containing many of the 100,000 who followed to Manchester (where were they all v. the Kaunas home tie?). That would at least make the powers that be think. The big problem as I've said before is, to actually identify a credible manager who is available and who would come to Ibrox. It's still a great job, but with no Europe it's much less attractive. So when we say 'Smith out' we must have in mind at least some names.

Remember, PLG sounded great when he was first mooted, but who is the PLG of today?

I think you're confused. I'm not chairman of Rangers. It's therefore not my job to find the right manager. It is however the chairman's responsibility. That's what a chairman does. If we haven't had the right managers then you need to start thinking about why that is.

I think you're confused. I'm not chairman of Rangers. It's therefore not my job to find the right manager. It is however the chairman's responsibility. That's what a chairman does. If we haven't had the right managers then you need to start thinking about why that is.

I KNOW you're not chairman of Rangers. So why haven't we had the right manager? Ah, it's because we have a crap chairman. So you're saying we just need to sit tight and wait for the right man to come along who will find us the right manager. How absurdly simple! As you said earlier, we have no united voice -that's the rub. It's easy to criticise, not so easy to make constructive suggestions. I've made mine, what about you?

I KNOW you're not chairman of Rangers. So why haven't we had the right manager? Ah, it's because we have a crap chairman. So you're saying we just need to sit tight and wait for the right man to come along who will find us the right manager. How absurdly simple! As you said earlier, we have no united voice -that's the rub. It's easy to criticise, not so easy to make constructive suggestions. I've made mine, what about you?

My suggestion is to get of our collective arse and hound Murray until he feels he has to get out of this club. He absolutely IS the limitation to recovery. He simply isn't good enought to do what needs to be done at this rundown club. His role is crucial and he isn't up to the job - as we have seen time and again these last ten years. A good time charlie who courted the public stage when things were going well but has crumpled like a cream puff in adversity. Back him all you like, make excuses for him if you want, but don't pretend he isn't the root of many of our problems. Sure, there are no guarantees for the future but hey, that's life.

My suggestion is to get of our collective arse and hound Murray until he feels he has to get out of this club. He absolutely IS the limitation to recovery. He simply isn't good enought to do what needs to be done at this rundown club. His role is crucial and he isn't up to the job - as we have seen time and again these last ten years. A good time charlie who courted the public stage when things were going well but has crumpled like a cream puff in adversity. Back him all you like, make excuses for him if you want, but don't pretend he isn't the root of many of our problems. Sure, there are no guarantees for the future but hey, that's life.

Well start putting your suggestions in motion then........