Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

I don't think we would go straight in for Davis instead just because Palermo won't pick up the phone after us placing a �£4m bid. Come on man, wakey wakey.:devil:

Have you maybe considered that Davis is the preferred option and that having had that bid accepted we have pulled out of Bresciano ? Especially as Bresciano prefers Seria A or EPL ???

Have you maybe considered that Davis is the preferred option and that having had that bid accepted we have pulled out of Bresciano ? Especially as Bresciano prefers Seria A or EPL ???

You seem to be agreeing with me mate. I reckon Bresciano knocked us back precisely because he prefers staying in Italy or moving to the Premiership. Mendes and Bresciano are very similar so maybe Pedro was the "preffered option". We'll never know. I'm happy either way.

The Midfield's Looking No Bad Now Loyal.

You seem to be agreeing with me mate. I reckon Bresciano knocked us back precisely because he prefers staying in Italy or moving to the Premiership. Mendes and Bresciano are very similar so maybe Pedro was the "preffered option". We'll never know. I'm happy either way.

The Midfield's Looking No Bad Now Loyal.

Ahhhh, I see what you were saying now - I misinterpreted your previous post.

Who knows what way it shakes but I hope Davis isnt being signed to play RM.

I think a couple of the papers today confirmed that Bresciano would rather play in the Premiership than the SPL according to his agent. I think he's been linked with Fulham as well actually, so that'll be our money from Davis going towards him probably.

McFadden isn't coming

McFadden quashes Old Firm rumours

McFadden joined Birmingham from Everton in January

Birmingham City striker James McFadden has cooled transfer talk of him being chased by both Old Firm clubs.

Celtic and Rangers have been linked with a move for the Scotland player, 25, who joined Birmingham from Everton for �£4.75m in January.

"To be perfectly honest I wouldn't entertain a move to Glasgow. I'm happy to be playing outside Scotland at the minute," said McFadden.

"Especially with the press that's been going about for Rangers and Celtic."

McFadden was signed by Everton manager David Moyes from Motherwell in September 2003 for �£1.25m and scored 18 goals in 137 appearances for the Toffees.

He moved to Birmingham after failing to hold down a first-team place at Goodison and was linked with a move back to Scotland after City were relegated from the Premier League season.

Speaking at the Scotland headquarters ahead of Wednesday's friendly against Northern Ireland at Hampden, McFadden admitted he was unsure about his future at Birmingham.

"I wasn't at Ibrox or Parkhead last week so that's how far those rumours went," he said.

"It's hard to tell (where his future lies) but at the minute I'm there unless I'm told otherwise."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/7568241.stm

• 2 weeks later...