Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

I don't want to curtail avenues of thought, in fact IMHO the stuff I'm getting at contains little thought at all.

But I want us to discuss the real issues instead of twisting stuff to make it more moanable.

There is a vast difference between discussing the merits and annoyances of a football club than just continually having a go at them without any regard for the truth.

We complain that the media do this all the time and the club has no-one to come to the defence, so that's why I defend the club on here.

Our biggest detractors used to be the Tims but it just doesn't seem that way to me any more...

:sigh:

I tend to agree with Calscots' sentiments here,I get fed up reading negative press regarding Rangers and come on here for some refreshing topics,but lately all I seem to read is the same negativity that i'm trying to avoid.Let's wait and see what happens regarding transfers and performances before having a go at WS/Rangers,the season hasn't even started yet !!

i agree with the sentiments too. i think our culture as a whole is getting more cynical and reactionary. the internet gives everyone a voice, and most people use it to moan.

i think you should be polemic, man, dont be constrained. what i was getting at really is that forums provide two functions: debate and venting. there's a lot of reason to be negative, so negativity shouldn't be cast out altogether.

but, like you, my personal opinion is that unrestrained negativity is a pain in the arse. so keep challenging it, there's no bother with that. just a tangent.

I see the sentiments also but first and foremost we are entitled to our negative opinions due to whats going on around. The team are screaming for a midfielder yet the manager buys strikers and defenders so it a natural reaction for fans to question this.

On the park there hasnt been much to shout about early on (albeit after 4 friendlies and 1 competitive match) so once again people are naturally questioning the outlook.

Off the park some big promises have been made and nothing has been announced, yet this goes hand in hand with amatuer things like people not getting tickets to get into the ground for kick off in our first big match of the season - Sorry but if anyone can be positive about that then I'll have some of what they are having.

BORO winger Adam Johnson was watched by Rangers during the victory at Hibernian.

Rangers chief scout Ewan Chester attended the game, but will be disappointed that Johnson played less than half an hour as a second half sub.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/boro-fc/boro-fc-news/2008/08/04/gers-cast-eye-on-adam-84229-21461040/

Great, another forward. Smith, you rest on an increasingly suspect reputation.