Phil O'Donnell - Tommy Burns

One possible alternative I've thought of is that, perhaps they didn't want an Old Firm game and all its controversy to overshadow Phil's memory. If it had been another game it probably would not have been called off.

I don't think that this is a possibility because:

I am 100% certain that if it had happened at a time when Celtic had no injuries or suspensions then they would not have asked for trhe game to be cancelled.

Last time I try and make a humourous post on this site... :(

No need for that BD, carry on as you have been. Your a valued member here as Im sure most would agree........hell I try an be funny an fall on my arse most of the time :D

No need for that BD, carry on as you have been. Your a valued member here as Im sure most would agree........hell I try an be funny an fall on my arse most of the time :D

MOST of the time ? You fall on yer arse ALL the time :fish:

MOST of the time ? You fall on yer arse ALL the time :fish:

Well......grrrrr, that may well be true but thanks for making me admit it an telling all those who thought I was amusing at times ;):flipa: :uzi:

Sorry boss. Didn't mean to offend your sensibilities.

To me, it's such an outrageous suggestion that it didn't need any explanation. I thought my previous comments of being "100% certain" would be enough, but in case they aren't, please see the post below.

oh, im not offended man. not at all. just trying to keep the debate side up to scratch. i completely agree, but its hard to debate onwards from there. he can only really say "you should try my medication, maybe it would make you see sense!" or something, which is fun, but doesnt take us forward. all in all - do what you like actually, i wasnt saying it in any sort of admin sense.

Dundee Utd players were on the pitch when O'Donnell collapsed. Dundee Utd requested twice that their next game be postponed but this was rejected.

Yet Celtic only had a tenuous link to the player and they managed to get their game cancelled. Hmmm.

So why is my "possibility" so ludicrous? Especially as it seems to be one that fits your question...

But hey, you're implying you think 100% that Celtic went to the SPL and said, "Hi SPL, we've got some injuries that could affect our result against Rangers, and so want to use Phil's death as an excuse to postpone the game. Is that ok? ...Yes?...Excellent!"

Seems to me that when someone is 100% certain about something they have no evidence or real knowledge for; who dismisses all other possibilities; and not only that, expects everyone to bow to their "certain knowledge", then I can see that they could do with a few drugs or something...

BTW I was not even stating my opinion, I was only indexing a possibility... On reflection, I still don't see how it was such a stretch and I do think it merited more of a debate than just scoffing...

I think that's what Barry was getting at too.

Guest TheWorthyEd

The debate continues.

The only thing not up for debate is that Cynical FC won a tainted title this season thanks to their shenanigans during the Phil O'Donnell aftermath and their cynical refusal to even consider a postponement 48-hours after Tommy Burns' funeral.

They used the word "integrity" with gay abandon (pun deliberate) but integrity is an alien word to these people.

To have no shame, class or dignity.

^ unfortunately there is no such thing as a tainted title. whatever moans we have, and will continue to have, nothing is going to bring the title back. i think all the "they have no shame" stuff is being just as ingracious: the players know the score - it was made extremely difficult for them, and they failed at the final hurdle. any angst should be stored up and stuck into determination for next season making sure there are no slip ups. let them have their title; lets make sure we bring it home next season.