Phil O'Donnell - Tommy Burns

A mate sent me the following text. What is your opinion on this.

**Quote**

Phil O'Donnell died, I believe, on boxing day, rendering Celtic unable to play on Jan 2nd due to being "Too distraught" at the loss of a player who had played a handfull of games 10 years ago. On 15th May, a true Celtic legend, who has been with the club since he was a boy and was still actively involved with the club right up until his unfortuntate death, passed away with dignity. This time however, the celtic players don't seem "Too distraught" and are more than willing to play when all their players are fit and there's a league to be won! Draw your own conclusions!

**Unquote**

As morbid as it is I am very surprised that Celtic (or even Tommy Burns' family) didn't ask to have all of last weekends games postponed as a mark of respect.

Find this one a little difficult to comment on because of the cancer aspect.

What happened to bot has been horrible, an both have been taken away far to many years eary.

Best wishes to their families, both of them. Celtic, Rangers, any other club means fuck all when it comes to something like this.

I just hope everyone can show some respect.

Let us not use people who have died as an excuse. If we had won last night, and won against Motherwell we would be Champions. We lost it end of, lets not try to drag Dead People's names as an excuse. We are above that !

Maybe we should have asked for a postponement of the Aberdeen game as we were distraught - after all more of our players and backroom staff had worked with Burns than their counterparts at Celtic had with O'Donell.

Walter Smith worked with him at Scotland, Ally McCoist was a close friend and about 10 of our Scottish internationalists must have worked with him.

Not serious, but I think a valid point.

The fact of the matter is the circumstances in which Phil O'Donnell passed away, suddenly and saddly on the pitch. I think it was only right in this instance to postpone games...remember it is only a game after all.

While we might not have been aware, I am quite sure within Celtic Park they were all aware about Tommy Burns worsening condition and despite the hurt and the sadness at his passing, they would have known it was coming and been prepared for it as best they could.

So please, stop all this conspiracy theory nonsense. We should be bigger than that. We had the chance to win the SPL, but due to our own failures we let slip the opportunity, nothing else, and certainly not the passing of two servants to the Scottish game. RIP.

Malky

Guest ricky

I have to say i am very heartened by the maturity and reasoned answers with regards to both situations.It would be so easy for people to go down the conspiricy theory road