Steven Davis

Read this today on the BBC site -

Steven Davis says he is unsure whether he will remain at Rangers next season.

The Northern Ireland international, 23, was a regular in the first-team after moving from Fulham on loan in January.

"I haven't made my mind up about my future," he said. "It's difficult to comment because I have to speak to Fulham and see what their thoughts are.

"All I will say is that I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here at Rangers. If I'm part of it next season then that will be great."

Davis starred for Rangers as they progressed to the Uefa Cup final and won the CIS Cup and Scottish Cup.

Fulham manager Roy Hodgson will be looking to strengthen his side after saving his side from relegation from the English Premier League, and Davis's future at Craven Cottage remains unclear.

It's been a long season and I'll get my future sorted out when I get back from holiday

Steven Davis

Davis said he had enjoyed playing at Ibrox and would not rule out extending his stay.

"I think the club is on the up again, they are progressing well and if I'm part of it next season then that will be great," he said.

"I'm going away on holiday for a few weeks and I will try to have a break.

"It's been a long season and I will get something sorted out when I get back."

After starring alongside Barry Ferguson in the Rangers midfield, Davis said he was happy with how things had unfolded since January.

"I wanted to win honours when I came on loan but you never really know how it's going to go," said Davis.

"But I have made an impact and played a big part in the club's success and to end up with two trophies and having made a European final is a great achievement.

"I grew up as a fan back home in Northern Ireland and it's been an ambition of mine to play for Rangers and I have achieved that."

Personally I'm not sure about him. Started off well but over the past few weeks he hasn't performed particularly well.

What do you guys think?

I'd have him in a minute. If we're going to get the best out of him, we have to play him in his natural position, centre of midfield.

When he plays on the right, he looks so much better when he drifts inside and looks for the ball. Getting involved, passing and making things happen is his forte, not going by players and crossing.

Buy him Wattie, but FFS play him in proper position and get the best out of him.

STEVE DAVIS last night admitted he'd love to make his stay at Ibrox permanent.

The Northern Ireland internationalist has been a huge hit since joining Rangers on loan from Fulham in January but now must wait to see if both clubs can come to an agreement over a transfer fee.

But whatever happens, Davis insists he's had the time of his life after achieving a lifelong ambition by turning out for the team he supported as a boy.

The midfielder said: "It was a great time to join the club for me personally. We challenged for four trophies which was great, although there has been a lot of disappointment in the past week.

"The progress the club has made in the past year has still been remarkable, really. Credit to all the boys and the manager for that because the club is on the up again.

"As for my future, I've said all along I wanted to wait until the end of the season. That time has now come.

"I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here so if something can be sorted out then that's good. If not we'll just need to see what happens.

"It's hard for me to say at the minute how things are going to work out because I don't really know.

"But I'd love to be here next season.

"I've not spoken with Fulham so everything is up in the air.

"I go on holiday next week so after that I'll hopefully get things sorted out which will allow me to look forward to next season."

Davis was delighted to get his hands on a Scottish Cup winner's medal at the end of a 10-day spell that saw UEFA Cup and SPL glory elude him. He said: "We've had a lot of disappointment recently, losing the UEFA Cup Final then the league in the last game.

"It was very important we finished the season on a high.

"We were in a no-win situation in this match because everyone expected us to win.

"But to be fair to Queen of the South they gave us a very good game and a great account of themselves.

"Luckily for us we're the winning side.

"At half-time we thought the game was dead and buried at 2-0 but credit to them for getting back into it with two quick goals. In the end it proved a very difficult game for us.

"Our side showed great character to get back in front but then we've done that throughout the entire season. It's been a tough campaign with the amount of games we've played.

"This was a big game - the Scottish Cup Final - but we didn't have much time to prepare.

"It was virtually 24 hours between matches but the boys dug in, worked hard and got their rewards in the end."

Guest stuartgers

I agree but also think we suffered by letting guys carry injuries (especially in midfield). Barry was a shadow of himself when injured as was Davis.....

So Ferguson was playing through the pain barrier for us this season and that's the reason for his poor form? Never mind, with a proper rest over the summer and maybe an op, he'll be back to his best for next season.

Sounds like every other season since we re-signed him from Blackburn tbh.

So cynical I am....