Fletcher For Gers Fact/fiction?

Just Heard Steven Fletcher Fae Hibs Is Coming To Rangers For �£3 Mil And Jordan Mcmillan Going On Loan To Hibs For A Season. Anybody Else Heard This Or Is It Just Another 1 Of The Many Rumours Flying About?

Would Be Quite Happy About Getting Fletcher Though!

Fletcher doesn't yet really look that great to me. Certainly not worth 3M in my book.

He's of the same level as Whittaker and Naismith who haven't enhanced the team yet. Brown was supposed to be a great player and look what's happened to him. And there's Riordan too.

Thomson seems to be the exception but he's still only good rather than great.

I see fletcher as different to naismith. I liked naismith at killie i thought he was a decent enough player but i thought when he came to rangers and got the service he didnt get as much at killie he would push but he hasnt really done that in my book. hopefully when he comes back from injury he will improve with age. as for fletcher i reckon he has got the potential straight away to fit in at ibrox he has pace, skill and knows where the back of the net is. If we can pay 2m for naisy i reckon we could pay 3m for fletch.

I think we need to stop gambling with promising but unproved SPL players and start signing genuine quality.

People go on about playing scottish players but we have enough already.

There is also the thing about not getting geniune quality for cheap prices but then players like Cuellar, Benni McCarthy, Cousin (to an extent), Jimmy Bullard etc etc have all went for cheap transfer fees.

fletcher started the season well but has done nothing much this year IMO.....

again he is a decent prospect but I would not pay what they asking. as gribz said we should stop gambling with unproven scottish players and start signing quality, there is plenty out there but unless we get a decent scouting system we won't be getting much quality in as has happened the last 10 years or so..........

Watched the lad quite closely a few times last season and while I agree he looks a decent prospect I don't think we should spunk �£3million+ on the unfinished article.

Get him on a free in 3 years when he leaves Real Madrid!!

Again, he looks a decent prospect, but we've picked up Thompson, Naismith we already have Fleck, Furman etc so we don't really need prospects. I would rather see the likes of Fleck etc get a chance than sign another promising youngster.

linked again with Real Madrid in the record today :confused:

"Hibs boss Mixu Paatelainen has blasted reports that striker Steven Fletcher will be heading for Real Madrid this summer. He has been continually linked with the Spanish giants but is under contract until 2013."