the Commonwealth Games - Glasgow 2014

Got to agree with Juffery on this one. Celtic are only a small part of the Commonwealth Games and if it proves to be a catalyst for regeneration and improved transport links for anywhere in Scotland then I would back it.

I just think it's sad that it takes something like the Commonwealth Games or the Olympics in London to get some real investment and regeneration of run down areas. Also, because of the way these things are financed, i.e. big money corprorate investments, sponsorships and the like, the ordinary man will be priced out of taking advantage of much of it.

And rightly so, these large competitions should have long lasting benefits. And if that means you can jump on the tube on Old Firm day and get to Porkheid then isn't that a benefit?

It appears to me that it's a case of trying to benefit Celtic, and the fact that it benefits other people or things is a side-product. Perhaps I'm over-cynical where GCC are concerned, but why do they need it?

Is the bus and train network not satisfactory? If there is money available then why not spend money on improving them for the whole city and not just for some councillor's favourite football team?

Is a link to the north side of the city not more preferable as one to the east for example?

Why not use the proposed Glasgow Airport rail link as a reason for giving Ibrox a train station? I know that there were meant to be talks about this, but I get the feeling that they have not progressed.

A dozen years past, Glasgow City Council(it was then Glasgow District Council) sold three streets to ra Sellik for a penny. That's right, 3 streets(Janefield Street, Dalriada Street, and Kinloch Street) for one penny. The families in the housing on these streets were paid Resettlement Grants of between �£3-�£4,000 per household. THe housing was demolished and the land cleared, all paid from the public purse.

It is estimated that GDC paid out between �£1.25-�£1.5million to allow Sellik to significantly increase their landbank for the cost of a penny. Has the local authority extended the same largesse to other lasgow clubs? In the last decade, GCC have refused planning permission to both Rangers(St Anthony's junior ground to reserve/youth stadium) and Partick Thistle(develoment of ground at the Firhill Basin).

As we know, the corporate colour of the Underground is orange, it's commonly referred to as, 'the Clockwork Orange'. This new line that goes out to the Sellik Park station and returns, will it run orange trains? If the sensitivities of the Yahoos are to be assaued over security fencing, how will they deal with the stock livery?

As we know, the corporate colour of the Underground is orange, it's commonly referred to as, 'the Clockwork Orange'. This new line that goes out to the Sellik Park station and returns, will it run orange trains? If the sensitivities of the Yahoos are to be assaued over security fencing, how will they deal with the stock livery?
They have already dealt with this by changing the colours to "carmine and cream."

A dozen years past, Glasgow City Council(it was then Glasgow District Council) sold three streets to ra Sellik for a penny. That's right, 3 streets(Janefield Street, Dalriada Street, and Kinloch Street) for one penny. The families in the housing on these streets were paid Resettlement Grants of between �£3-�£4,000 per household. THe housing was demolished and the land cleared, all paid from the public purse.

It is estimated that GDC paid out between �£1.25-�£1.5million to allow Sellik to significantly increase their landbank for the cost of a penny. Has the local authority extended the same largesse to other lasgow clubs? In the last decade, GCC have refused planning permission to both Rangers(St Anthony's junior ground to reserve/youth stadium) and Partick Thistle(develoment of ground at the Firhill Basin).

They got Kenny Miller for free as well. We have payed a bloody fortune for him twice.;)

They got Kenny Miller for free as well. We have payed a bloody fortune for him twice.;)

We made money on him the first time round though - bought for 2 mill, sold for 3 mill.