Kyle Lafferty Signs for Rangers

No secret squirrel sources for me, just news reports I'm afraid.

The only thing they said was that the deal was obviously subject to Gow agreeing terms with Burnley.

Yes the most reports are that the Lafferty deal is done but Gow and Burnley are having difficulties finding common ground.

Lafferty Update

TERMS have been agreed both between Burnley and Rangers and between Rangers and Kyle Lafferty in relation to the player's potential move to Ibrox.

Discussions between Alan Gow and Burnley are ongoing.

From the official site.

I'd like to know the general feeling of members on here. Would we like to see Boyd go???

My answer is obvious.....NO CHANCE !!!

He can go for me. Especially if someone is willing to come up with 2.5 - 3 million then we should bite there hand off.

He is never going to be WS first pick - thats obvious and he cant fit into any of WS systems.

He is probably about 7th choice at the moment when you include Cousin and Darcheville who are still with us for now.

He can go for me. Especially if someone is willing to come up with 2.5 - 3 million then we should bite there hand off.

He is never going to be WS first pick - thats obvious and he cant fit into any of WS systems.

He is probably about 7th choice at the moment when you include Cousin and Darcheville who are still with us for now.

Is that all you would want for him?

Hed will guarantee you 25+ goals a season, none of the strikers we have or have aquired recently will come close to that. �£2m for KM yet your only hoping for 500k more for Boyd?

JCD cant play 90 mins, cousin isnt interested, KM will work his socks off but his scoring record is shite, Lafferty is unproven........then Boyd.......25+ goals guaranteed!

Is that all you would want for him?

Hed will guarantee you 25+ goals a season, none of the strikers we have or have aquired recently will come close to that. �£2m for KM yet your only hoping for 500k more for Boyd?

JCD cant play 90 mins, cousin isnt interested, KM will work his socks off but his scoring record is shite, Lafferty is unproven........then Boyd.......25+ goals guaranteed!

Id say thats all we will get for him. I dont rate him as much but even if you rate him as a 5 million pound player nobody will pay that for an SPL player.

Im also thinking of the style of play, he Boyd may get 20 odd goals against Falkirk and Co (which does help our season) but with him in the team our play is so flat and we dont have the players to allow him to be a poacher.

I think Miller and Velicka are capable of 15+ goals this season each plus they will bring more to the team.

What we need is a goalscoring midfielder. Beasley may chip in with a few.

Boyd has scored against every club.

What did Beasly do? He is lightweight. Id love to be proved wrong, I just dont see getting rid of Boyd as the way forward.

No point taalkin sense with you while you stilll want Buffel to feature

still can't understand why people want to get rid of the most natural scorer we have at the club and have had for quite some time.

Said the same thing an got slagged for it loads mate

Boyd has scored against every club.

What did Beasly do? He is lightweight. Id love to be proved wrong, I just dont see getting rid of Boyd as the way forward.

No point taalkin sense with you while you stilll want Buffel to feature

But he has also played shite is as many games and is out of his depth in big matched. We also cant fit him into the system - and thats the main point regardless who rates him and who doesnt.

As for Beasley, he chipped in with a few goals but was injured for most of the season. Im sure he will score a few goals if he stays fit and plays. He is the type of player we need in an attacking sense. Much better that a Whittaker type player IMO