Kyle Lafferty Signs for Rangers

exactly, as I said most would go the premiership first no matter who it's with. you do however get some who want to come here like prso.........we can try as hard as we want but if someone offers you the chance to play against man utd, chelsea, arsenal, liverpool every season and pays you �£50k+ how many would turn that down???

Our best counter to that is regular Champions League football, which is why qualifying is a MUST. And next season, scotland will get 2 CL places - one automatic - thanks to our heroics in Europe.

exactly, as I said most would go the premiership first no matter who it's with. you do however get some who want to come here like prso.........we can try as hard as we want but if someone offers you the chance to play against man utd, chelsea, arsenal, liverpool every season and pays you �£50k+ how many would turn that down???

I think it's the latter rather than the former that counts. We had games against Barcelona, Stuttgart, Bremen, Lyon and Fiorentina - and had a chance of a result in most of the games.

Money talks and the Premiership is a pure gravy train these days. It's interesting that Sky are squeezing the British public for more and more money, which they then give to the Premiership, who in turn give it all away to their players even if they are nothing special.

It's like a pyramidal money making scheme with the public at the bottom and the players at the top.

Wonder what the credit crunch will do to that league...

I think it's the latter rather than the former that counts. We had games against Barcelona, Stuttgart, Bremen, Lyon and Fiorentina - and had a chance of a result in most of the games.

Money talks and the Premiership is a pure gravy train these days. It's interesting that Sky are squeezing the British public for more and more money, which they then give to the Premiership, who in turn give it all away to their players even if they are nothing special.

It's like a pyramidal money making scheme with the public at the bottom and the players at the top.

Wonder what the credit crunch will do to that league...

Calscot - you make a cogent point about the credit crunch - it surely can't go on indefinitely. Neither, I'm sure, can Avbramovitch's go on chasing his Chelsea rainbow; it's the Brooks Mileson scenario writ large. Which is why my old hobby horse about an alternative Euro league must eventually come into play. The likes of Ajax, Benfica, Anderlecht, Porto and other big clubs from small leagues will get heartily sick of losing all their best players to the EPL.

Well I'm in a few minds about this Lafferty signing. Firstly I reckon its a huge outlay for someone that's unproven, but then I'm always on here banging on about scouting decent young players blah blah. Maybe he'll turn out to be a gem? Perhaps the best thing I'm taking from it and the thing that's put a smile on my face this morning is the fact that spending �£3m on Lafferty shows to me that the talk of a �£6m budget for the summer is rubbish. Like Cal said earlier, WS isn't daft. If he didn't have a decent wad left to spend on the areas of the team that need work then we wouldn't have made this signing. Failing with the earlier bid of �£1.8 suggested we were on a tight budget and it looked like the scum were poised to outspend us again. So get it up them even if their fans probably felt the same way about the guy as we do at the moment.

P.S Gutted about Klasnic but what can we do? There's more on the way folks, I think that is today's bottom line and I like it.:thup:

Well I'm in a few minds about this Lafferty signing. Firstly I reckon its a huge outlay for someone that's unproven, but then I'm always on here banging on about scouting decent young players blah blah. Maybe he'll turn out to be a gem? Perhaps the best thing I'm taking from it and the thing that's put a smile on my face this morning is the fact that spending �£3m on Lafferty shows to me that the talk of a �£6m budget for the summer is rubbish. Like Cal said earlier, WS isn't daft. If he didn't have a decent wad left to spend on the areas of the team that need work then we wouldn't have made this signing. Failing with the earlier bid if �£1.8 suggested we were on a tight budget and it looked like the scum were poised to outspend us again. So get it up them even if their fans probably felt the same way about the guy as we do at the moment.

P.S Gutted about Klasnic but what can we do? There's more on the way folks, I think that is today's bottom line and I like it.:thup:

I take your point about this seasons budget as I said the same myself last night. The other option is that it's a precursor to a big money move for Cuellar or McGregor to the Premiership.

I wonder if people would be more confident on this signing if his name was Laffertyelli.

Also, the other thing that im surprised at is the lack of English clubs who looked at him.