AT the request of Rangers Football Club, Sir David Murray and Martin Bain met today with Lex Gold, Executive Chairman of the Scottish Premier League.

A frank and constructive discussion took place, covering a wide range of issues and concerns. The purpose of this meeting was to 'clear the air' and this was achieved.

Going forward, this exchange of views has now provided a platform for the future and will help ensure the avoidance of difficulties encountered last year.

A nice wee cup of tea and a friendly chat..................go on guys,you tell them :sigh:

Wonder if SDM & Bain brought up this year's scheduling....probably not.

In terms of the SPL the scheduling is neither here nor there as we all have to play the same amount of home and away games (again.... this stupid split excepted) - but the SPL are not trying to assist us in any way to qualify for the CL group stages

I don't think helping us qualify was ever put on the agenda by anyone.

I've always thought we could be assisted by starting the season early so we are match fit for the qualifiers but no many agree with me there.

That would also give us some room for a winter break - or postponements.

I really think that we need to totally rethink about our whole schedule in Scotland and looking towards a more Scandinavian model as that is a better match for our climate.

However, I don't really think it's feasible or morally correct to arrange who we play, when and where to help us. That could easily backfire on us anyway with teams up for it as they are considered lambs for the slaughter.

I hope they asked for his resignation. I am quite sure they did no such thing.

At the very least told him that he is there to serve all 12 clubs equally and fairly, and to tell him that any requests for postponements of our fixtures that do not suit us and us alone will not be granted, so dont even ask. If there is another POD case this season, we have already answered the question.

At the very least told him that he is there to serve all 12 clubs equally and fairly, and to tell him that any requests for postponements of our fixtures that do not suit us and us alone will not be granted, so dont even ask. If there is another POD case this season, we have already answered the question.

I think that's a certainty...

Cal, I know what you are saying - but you are a big proponent of the coefficient and how we should support the other scottish teams including Celtic as it helps Scotland's coefficient (I will support them in Europe but hope they dont ever make a final) and yet here you are suggesting the SPL shouldn't look at the fixtures in conjunction with Euro ties to ensure that at the very least we (all Scottish teams who need Euro qualifiers) get a small bit of assistance in doing do.

It isn't a case of arranging who, when and where - it is the case, in my opinion, of where with a slight bit of who - there was absolutely no need for the SPL (or their "gurus") to schedule us away to Celtic right in the middle of CL qualifiers. It wouldn't have been difficult to have 2 home and 2 away games either, especially so early in the season.

We still would have a tricky run of games somewhere anyway but surely for the sake of the Scottish game even the SPL should be wanting all Scottish teams to progress as far as possible, yet here they are making it as difficult as they can for Rangers (cant comment on the others as I dont know their fixture list).

But the coefficient could take a big blow if we dont get into the group stages or, heaven forbid, not even make the UEFA. Yes, it will be our own fault if we dont make it, but the SPL will be somewhat culpable.

I hope they asked for his resignation. I am quite sure they did no such thing.

Forgive my stupidity but what does POD stand for?