While I understand WS playing 451 and making us hard to beat, it is pointless in many SPL games. Play 442, utilise Boyds strengths. Our midfield has been dire yet it's mainly Boyd that gets the stick!

While I understand WS playing 451 and making us hard to beat, it is pointless in many SPL games. Play 442, utilise Boyds strengths. Our midfield has been dire yet it's mainly Boyd that gets the stick!

exactly, nothing has been mentioned about the majority of the midfield who have underachieved again even though it's been a good season for us. The defence and keeper have been solid and we have done ok up front but theres not been that much quality from the midfield IMO......but that's probably boyds fault again for not helping them out........

We tried playing 4-4-2 and it didn't work - we left ourselves open to fast paced attacking SPL teams.

IMO if we'd played 4-4-2 in the SPL we would have ended up further behind than we did. I have said on the other thread that we need vast improvement and that doesn't just relate to Botd, we need improvement throughout the team.

Cammy F

The reason 442 didnt work was because the midfield was dire IMO and WS didnt seem to know who to play and where.....again, as Johnny says, thats probably Boyds fault too.

The reason 442 didnt work was because the midfield was dire IMO and WS didnt seem to know who to play and where.....again, as Johnny says, thats probably Boyds fault too.

So its everyones fault apart from Boyds? What is WS to do? Try different formations, different players, different strips until we eventually win a game that Boyd scores so some can say, see told, if we get everything right, Boyds the man?????

Simply don't understand what you are saying. WS had a plan and formation that turned us from being easy beat to being hard to beat - ultimately, it wasn't good enough to win us the league. We've been 2nd and 3rd best for 3 years now, 2 of which Boyd played the majority of games.

Cammy F

Ive blamed the midfield Cammy, not everyone apart from Boyd.

When Boyd has played, generally he has scored. If we cant be hard to beat while at the same time over a season learn how to play attackin football and to our strengths there there is something far wrong.

Ive blamed the midfield Cammy, not everyone apart from Boyd.

When Boyd has played, generally he has scored. If we cant be hard to beat while at the same time over a season learn how to play attackin football and to our strengths there there is something far wrong.

So Boyd is blameless?

So what are our strengths? We only have limited strengths - we are hard to beat, have a never say die attitude and have 10 or so players who would run themselves into the ground for the team and the manager.

Ultimately that wasn't good enough - I don't think we'd have won the league of we'd played 4-4-2 and Boyd played every game - IMO we would have lost by a greater margin (with or without Boyd in a 4-4-2 BTW)

Cammy F

I dont see what Boyd has done wrong tbh Maybe Im blinkered but I honestly cant see what more you can do than score goals.

I dont know the solution, I wish I did. Id like us to be hard to beat and ALSO play some nice attacking football when we are going forward.

if boyd was this super all round striker everyone seems to want he wouldn't be with us for long anyway, he would be at a top club in a top league but he isn't so neither is he.......he is a good goalscorer simple......

if boyd was this super all round striker everyone seems to want he wouldn't be with us for long anyway, he would be at a top club in a top league but he isn't so neither is he.......he is a good goalscorer simple......

So how did we manage to attract and keep (better) players like Mols, Wallace, Prso, Hateley, McCoist, et al.......

Cammy F