-----------------------Thomson-----------------------

Novo-----------Davis---------Ferguson------Beasley

-----------------------Darche/Cousin-----------------------

or

-------------------------McGregor------------------------

Whittaker---------Cuellar----------Weir----------Smith

Novo/Davis---------Thomson---------Ferguson--------Beasley

------------------Cousin/Darche----------Boyd-----------------

You have to be kidding. Including JCD (fans love, as do I but cant play 90 mins, an Cousin who isnt fit to wear the jersey) ahead of Boyd or any of the new strikers/signings. Got to be taking the piss!

You have to be kidding. Including JCD (fans love, as do I but cant play 90 mins

That's what the subs bench is there for

...an Cousin who isnt fit to wear the jersey) ahead of Boyd or any of the new strikers/signings. Got to be taking the piss!

IMO Cousin is taking far too much stick for what amounts to no more than mhedia speculation and a sh*t-stirring 'Tic supporting agent. He's a good player and scored a decent amount of goals at all levels and in all formations last season. He's said in the past he'd like to play in the Prem. I'm sure he's not the only one amongst our current squad who's guilty of that. Until he's gone, as far as I'm concerned, he's still a valuable asset.

As for Boyd, you'll notice that in the 4-4-2 he's there by default with Darche or Cousin as a partner. It's just the lone striker role, which I have to admit I would like to see Boyd play (at least in the future), but that's down to Walter giving him a chance and Boydy making the most of it.

Then there's the new signings. Lafferty has got potential and will more than likely make the bench at least for SPL games next season, given his age. Vellicka and Miller are squad players ...I hope

Sorry but Cousin has a shocking attitude so I dont care how skillfull an how suited he may be, his heart is NOT in it. JCD played 1 90 mins last season yet you slg Boyd.......gees, I give up again

JCD had constant injury problems last season and struggled to get a run of games without picking up a knock or strain. He wasn't the only one playing through the pain barrier, BUT as a striker trying to prove himself in his first season with the Gers, he didn't have the luxury of 'pacing' himself like some others got away with. Nonetheless he gave it his all, winning the respect of the fans in the process and gave a decent return. Hopefully, next season he'll have less injury troubles.

Boyd WOULD be my 1st choice striker, but until he proves himself capable of fitting into the different roles required in some games (I'd love to see him starting more games in Europe for a kick-off) the other options will need to be used. :cheers:

So you reckon Cousin is worthy of the jersey, Boyd is a good shout for the lone striker role in future and Lafferty, at over �£3m, will "make the bench at least." Also that Miller and Velicka are squad players. Wake up mate. Yer aff yer heid on all counts:admin:

I agree with UCF i don't think Cousin was as bad as everyone is sketching. How many games were we pinned back with Weir and Cuellor punting the ball up field.If a striker is isolated he often looks dis-interested as he has to react before two defenders do. Remember defending is easier than attacking so two defenders against one will mostly always win the ball. For me Cousin did great in some games constantly giving two defenders a hard time. Personally i won't be sorry to see him stay on and see what he can do with more help up front.

I would like to see Boyd make it as the lone striker. It would be good if he could prove the doubters wrong and become the sort of forward I believe he's capable of becoming. I did say however, that last season and for the meantime there were and still are better options for the lone striker role.

Lafferty is only 20 and hence WILL make AT LEAST the bench for SPL games ...ESPECIALLY as he cost �£3 million + !!! Remembering that we have the under 21's rule, at least we can make good use of one of them next season. He's got a lot of potential (that's why he cost so much) and has already established himself at international level, but there's no denying that this is a big step up for him and it could take him a season or two to earn himself a regular start (think Naismith).

I take it you're a fan of KM - I'm not. I hope that when he's given an opportunity he does well as I do for all of our players. I do however believe we have better options and see him as a useful squad player. Judging by the chorus around Ibrox on several ocassions last season I get the feeling that a MAJORITY would agree (and maybe that's being kind). As for Velicka he's done well previously in his time at Hearts, but I don't recall any fans back then saying we should sign him - hence 'squad player'. ANY QUESTIONS???:sigh:

I would like to see Boyd make it as the lone striker. It would be good if he could prove the doubters wrong and become the sort of forward I believe he's capable of becoming. I did say however, that last season and for the meantime there were and still are better options for the lone striker role.

Lafferty is only 20 and hence WILL make AT LEAST the bench for SPL games ...ESPECIALLY as he cost �£3 million + !!! Remembering that we have the under 21's rule, at least we can make good use of one of them next season. He's got a lot of potential (that's why he cost so much) and has already established himself at international level, but there's no denying that this is a big step up for him and it could take him a season or two to earn himself a regular start (think Naismith).

I take it you're a fan of KM - I'm not. I hope that when he's given an opportunity he does well as I do for all of our players. I do however believe we have better options and see him as a useful squad player. Judging by the chorus around Ibrox on several ocassions last season I get the feeling that a MAJORITY would agree (and maybe that's being kind). As for Velicka he's done well previously in his time at Hearts, but I don't recall any fans back then saying we should sign him - hence 'squad player'. ANY QUESTIONS???:sigh:

Disagree on Velicka I can see him doing well for us.