Record �£125m SPL TV Deal

Subscribe!!!!

You can but need authority to do so. British Forces get it out in the Balkans, don't know about Iraq and Afghan as they maybe outside the footprint of the satellite. Although it is possible to get it through other providers.

Thanks Wij.

I was just testing to see if everyone was awake.;)

Cal, do you have sentanta through an ordinary Sat-tuner?

Does Setanta run on a chip-card in the sat dish?

Can you prescribe outside Britain?

I have a second hand Sky digibox, and my original freeview card now has Setanta on it.

So yes and yes.

As for outside Britain, it's against your contract but I'm not sure if they would know... Sky are quite strict about it for obvious local marketing reasons but I can't see Setanta checking up on anyone, it doesn't see their bag.

However the further away you are from the Uk, the bigger the dish you will need and the dish will need a compatible LNB and be pointing at the right satellite cluster.

France shouldn't be a problem but in the Balkans your dish could be so huge it could be tactically bombed as anti-aircraft radar station... ;)

I have a second hand Sky digibox, and my original freeview card now has Setanta on it.

So yes and yes.

As for outside Britain, it's against your contract but I'm not sure if they would know... Sky are quite strict about it for obvious local marketing reasons but I can't see Setanta checking up on anyone, it doesn't see their bag.

However the further away you are from the Uk, the bigger the dish you will need and the dish will need a compatible LNB and be pointing at the right satellite cluster.

France shouldn't be a problem but in the Balkans your dish could be so huge it could be tactically bombed as anti-aircraft radar station... ;)

The bottom line is i would need a sky receiver and card to get it. It would have been better if Satanta had their own cards.

Got to be said I hate Sky which is way overpriced and the system is far too proprietary - so I welcome an alternative like Setanta at a reasonable 10 quid a month. I haven't paid Sky a penny since they installed my sat freeview system on a one off payment and I hope I never do. I don't even have to have a land line anymore which saves me about �£130 a year for something I don't ever use (700 minutes per month on my mobile and I have mobile broadband).

You can even get Setanta on digital terrestrial which means you actually get to be able to buy the receiver box that you want even with things like free "sky+" and HDMI out.

Can't believe anyone is championing an evil company like Sky...

The more competition from companies like Setanta the better a satellite system we'll get at much better prices.

Please, please SPL, don't go to Sky!

Done mean to be ignorant but why do you say Sky is evil?

I Have sky+ and have never had a problem also have the phone and internet package, again, never a problem and when ever I need to contact them I always get through without having to hold for half an hour and its always a british call centre as well which makes life a hell of a lot easier! Have setanta through sky and like wise no issues although sometimes you get the odd black screen but nothing major!

Done mean to be ignorant but why do you say Sky is evil?

I Have sky+ and have never had a problem also have the phone and internet package, again, never a problem and when ever I need to contact them I always get through without having to hold for half an hour and its always a british call centre as well which makes life a hell of a lot easier! Have setanta through sky and like wise no issues although sometimes you get the odd black screen but nothing major!

Can I refer the honorary gentleman to the reply I gve earlier... ;)

Sky are not evil for their service, it's Robert Maxwell's dubious, restrictive marketing practices that are from the dark side.

I take it you really like Microsoft, BT, Tesco, Exxon and Darth Vader too? ;)