Barry Ferguson Out for 4 Months

Sorry bCalscot, not often I disagree with you. BUT, did Alan Hanson not say the same thing you have in your last post re youngsters/kids? He was wrong. How early into their 20's and how many have been tried by WS?

Sorry, but I think you are wrong here.

I think there are a few silver linings here.

a) Barry will have to stop playing and actually get himself properly fit instead of continuously carrying and injury and hopefully we'll see a better and more consistent Barry Ferguson when he returns.

b) It will force Walter to sign a creative midfielder if he wasn't already going to do so.

c) We can see whether Bazza enhances or lessens the team.

As for playing a bunch of seventeen year olds in the team, what is that all about. I'm really glad we've got a proper manager who isn't that naive.

PLG played one of the youngest teams of all time and they were one of the worst Rangers teams I've ever seen. In comes Walter and almost wins the quadruple and suddenly his players are too old?

Walter plays many young players in their early twenties and will hopefully give Furman and Fleck more chances next season. But there are those who continually maligning our manager with what is obviously a load of guff when you take a cursory look at the facts.

Playing a team of teenagers last thing we need to do to bring us the success we crave, no matter how much it works in your fantasies.

What's with this spate of unnecessary negativity on the board that has built up recently, where people are making up a load of nonsense to whinge about?

I have sex almost every day. Monday i almost got it. Tuesday i almost got it. Wednesday i almost got it. Almost is nothing Cal. On a football level i think last years team was one of the worst i have seen.

Sorry but Man U won NOTHING with a team of teenagers. That's just shows you how history is twisted to make it more dramatic.

Man U played a bunch of players in their early twenties coupled with the rest of a team full of very experienced players, some of the age that could be described as, "Dad's Army".

They do play the odd teenager but it is "odd". We've played home grown youngsters such as MacGregor, Hutton, Smith, Burke and Adam in the same team before coupled with young players such as Whittaker, Thomson, Naismith and Boyd. I can't see how that is different from Man U bar that SAF finds young players of a much higher standard.

MU NEVER won the league with kids no matter how much people want it to be true. The truth is that they won the league with four or five, younger players in the team.

If it is such a successful model, why don't you see the whole Premiership with teams full of teenagers?

Few teams succeed with very young teams. They sometimes show lots of potential and then lose it all with inconsistency and are frequently out-muscled and out-thought by more experienced teams.

We've just had a team get to the UEFA cup final, so why do we need to go for LESS experience now?

I agree with blooding Fleck and Furman, but unless they make a spectacular impact, regular football is still two or three years away for them.

I have sex almost every day. Monday i almost got it. Tuesday i almost got it. Wednesday i almost got it. Almost is nothing Cal. On a football level i think last years team was one of the worst i have seen.

I'd much rather have sex with the second most desirable woman around than the least desirable. To me it's definitely not the same even if it is for you.

If your kids don't get the highest exam marks in the class to win the prize, but instead come second, do you call them failures?

You don't get 200,000 bears going to a match in the fourth round of UEFA.

As for the worst Rangers team, I don't get you unless you prefer style of substance.

For me good teams win more than bad and the current one has won more than many a Rangers team and produced one of our top ten European campaigns.

I enjoyed last season immensely compared to about the last five. For the first time in ages we looked like we were going to win because we were the better team rather than struggling and sometimes winning anyway.

The worst teams I've seen are PLG's, a couple of Eck's, and John Greig's - Wallace's second spell was also dire.

I would take this team over them any day. I'm lost to this new attitude where winning games just isn't good enough. It's quite baffling and very sad that some people actually think last season was a complete failure and you are saying you would prefer to slug it out for third place, twenty points behind Celtic than watch our current team...

Sorry but Man U won NOTHING with a team of teenagers. That's just shows you how history is twisted to make it more dramatic.

Man U played a bunch of players in their early twenties coupled with the rest of a team full of very experienced players, some of the age that could be described as, "Dad's Army".

They do play the odd teenager but it is "odd". We've played home grown youngsters such as MacGregor, Hutton, Smith, Burke and Adam in the same team before coupled with young players such as Whittaker, Thomson, Naismith and Boyd. I can't see how that is different from Man U bar that SAF finds young players of a much higher standard.

MU NEVER won the league with kids no matter how much people want it to be true. The truth is that they won the league with four or five, younger players in the team.

If it is such a successful model, why don't you see the whole Premiership with teams full of teenagers?

Few teams succeed with very young teams. They sometimes show lots of potential and then lose it all with inconsistency and are frequently out-muscled and out-thought by more experienced teams.

We've just had a team get to the UEFA cup final, so why do we need to go for LESS experience now?

I agree with blooding Fleck and Furman, but unless they make a spectacular impact, regular football is still two or three years away for them.

I don't disagree with you in general but i just don't have the faith in Walter Smith that you have. We looked good in the 4-3-3 until Beasley got injured. After that we were just pure dead crap. The football was dire at the end up Cal even you must have seen that.

We should have had a good crack at Barcelona in Barcelona we had totally nothing to lose,especially after we went one down. That negativity just grew and grew and we ended up with the famous 4-5----------1. Sporting was the only light point and that was because we were more positive.

Walter must be more positive and bringing Weir back in doesn't really show that he will be.

We weren't so good at the end, which hopefully is down to our hectic schedule rather than anything more intrinsic.

However we did have some of our best games for years, including the two wins at Ibrox against Celtic, Barcelona, Bremen and Stutgart at home, Lyon and Sporting away, while turning over SPL teams with more regularity than IBS.

Last season was a vast improvement, and to me it was the best since DA's second season.

We didn't quite win the league but the mitigating circumstances were obvious.

Maybe we used up our good luck under Eck...

We weren't so good at the end, which hopefully is down to our hectic schedule rather than anything more intrinsic.

However we did have some of our best games for years, including the two wins at Ibrox against Celtic, Barcelona, Bremen and Stutgart at home, Lyon and Sporting away, while turning over SPL teams with more regularity than IBS.

Last season was a vast improvement, and to me it was the best since DA's second season.

We didn't quite win the league but the mitigating circumstances were obvious.

Maybe we used up our good luck under Eck...

While the game against Lyon and Celtic were good\excellent,i have to say we rode our luck against Bremen and Stuttgart at home and to be honest i don't think we played that well. Against Stuttgart we really only started to play when we went a goal down and against Bremen we really have to thank the keeper for that one. The joys of winning can cover over many cracks. Barcelona was just total negative football that got us a point. While i was happy we got a point i was actually a bit embarrassed at how we got it. That this was the best football we have played since DA i very much doubt. I am sure you are forgetting McLeish started with a treble with Arveladse,Mols de Boer, cannigia, Amoruso, etc. I really don't think the players we had last year can be better than that team by a long shot.