Barry Ferguson Out for 4 Months

Im gutted. Heart and soul of the team taking out !

Hopefully he gets rest and we can manage without him up to then. Maybe time for Furman i'm thinking ? And get Thomson to take charge of that midfield

The team without Barry lacks leadership on the park, i think K.Thomson will be able to cover his position with leadership coming from the defense Weir,Cuellar,Daily.

Have watched some bad peformances when Ferguson is missing so the players will need to step up and make there mark early on in the season.

He is 1 player he will be missed but he is not irreplacable chance for others to Shine.

Guest PortGlasgow

Better now than the middle of a season with no options to bring someone in. Personal feelings are its a brilliant opportunity to bring in the future replacement and get them into the pre-season friendlies.

If he had gotten over his last injury then its a blow. I was hoping for a fully fit Ferguson this season.

But it will be interesting to see what happens. 4 months is huge and we will have to go out and sign somebody now.

We were wondering what would happen if Thomson or Ferguson got injured and now we have a chance to buy someone.

Hemdani or Dailly are capable of stepping in for a defensive role next to Thomson and Furman may get a chance. If we have Davis aswell then things will look a bit better but we have to go out and sign someone now.

Massive blow and we must now go out and bring in at least one more midfielder. Davis maybe and A.N Other. Non Rangers Scotland fans will be pleased apparently Scotland are a better team without Ferguson - we shall see. This could only happen to us!:brick:

I actually think Ferguson plays a better role for Scotland as he plays a more central midfielder with more adapable players around him. He doesnt play too far forward or too deep.

Most Scotland games are one-off and its probably easier to raise your game in bigger occasions.

But we did play quite good football the last 2 times Ferguson has been out, but now that its been picked up we will probably suffer. But at least he wont be pushing forward like last season as he wasnt good in that role.

But he have to sign a player or 2 now.

I think it's better now than half way through or even at the end of the season, for all those who don't like Fergie then they'll get to see how much we need him. For me, I'm gutted, he'll miss the Champions League qualifiers which for all sorts of reasons we have to come through them and he'll miss the start of the season and Scotland matches aswell. This could be bad news for us.

Better now than the middle of a season with no options to bring someone in. Personal feelings are its a brilliant opportunity to bring in the future replacement and get them into the pre-season friendlies.

Exactly what I was about to say.

This may force Smith's hand - even if to just try to get someone in on loan. May also see us change formation IF we bring someone in.