Barry Ferguson Out for 4 Months

Might this injury force the management to get their arse into gear to get Steven Davis signed ?

Davis and Thomson in the middle may actually work well. The one thing is for sure, we need to sign someone, even if just a loan signing.

Three into two won't go and those of us who fancy a Davis-Thomson midfield axis may get the chance to road test it now. With BF in the frame, Davis may have got punted out to the right again. Other option is young Furman.

Rangers are on the trail of Italian starlet Jacopo Mantovani of Bologna.

The Ibrox side are attempting to exploit a loophole that would allow the teenage sensation to leave the Italian club on the cheap, which has infuriated the Bologna hierarchy.

Bologna has already lost Fabio Borini and seem powerless to stop Walter Smith, or any other manager�s pursuit of the midfielder.

ââ?¬Å?We know which sides follow our boys,ââ?¬Â Academy chief Giancarlo Marocchi told the Scottish Sun. ââ?¬Å?There has been an expression of interest from one Scottish club about Mantovani.

ââ?¬Å?He is good, but we canââ?¬â?¢t lock down all the promising youngsters.

ââ?¬Å?Unfortunately, with the rules here, we canââ?¬â?¢t put all our promising kids on contracts to keep them away from foreign clubs. We have no weapons.

ââ?¬Å?But hopefully he will decide to stay with us.ââ?¬Â

maybe a midfielder slot for this boy

Walter playing a 17 yr old? Nah i doubt that one.

Rino is the only youngster an I mean really you player that WS has played in what 13 seasons or so in charge of us.

I'd love to see him bringing through the kids, I really would but have my doubts.

Hopefully Im wrong.

The other thing is who will stand in as captain - Surely King Carlos!!!

I think the one thing that we will miss with Ferguson is a pressence. So it is a good chance for Thomson to step up. It could also mean we see the 06/07 version of Hemdani again which would be good. If those 2 could form a partnership and we can get 2 attacking wide players then things would look good.

As much as I though BF should have been dropped last season I was hoping he would be 100% this season and now that he is actually out for a while I kinda fear a bit.

The other thing is who will stand in as captain - Surely King Carlos!!!

I think the one thing that we will miss with Ferguson is a pressence. So it is a good chance for Thomson to step up. It could also mean we see the 06/07 version of Hemdani again which would be good. If those 2 could form a partnership and we can get 2 attacking wide players then things would look good.

As much as I though BF should have been dropped last season I was hoping he would be 100% this season and now that he is actually out for a while I kinda fear a bit.

Waw Gribz that is a bigger turnaround than Spaghetti Juncton.:flipa:;)

I am totally not worried that there are far better players out there than Barry Ferguson. i am worried about David Murray's resolve to put the cash in and Walter Smiths Loyalty to Fergie or older players in general.

Waw Gribz that is a bigger turnaround than Spaghetti Juncton.:flipa:;)

I am totally not worried that there are far better players out there than Barry Ferguson. i am worried about David Murray's resolve to put the cash in and Walter Smiths Loyalty to Fergie or older players in general.

Depends who we sign Pete. Im with you about Ferguson, but right now im thinking Dailly, Hemdani and Thomson are all to defensive and I dont know enough about Furman. I dont class Ferguson in the attack mode either TBH. But with BF's faults he still takes the mantle at times.

My fear isnt also with the loss of Ferguson, I'll be interested to see how we play, but my fear is the total lack in depth now. I was wondering what would happen if someone picked up an injury during the season, now BF is out it could be a blessing to force the hand and sign someone.

With hindsight now, having Buffel, Hemdani and Thomson would have worked a treat with 2 wide players. ;)

I think there are a few silver linings here.

a) Barry will have to stop playing and actually get himself properly fit instead of continuously carrying and injury and hopefully we'll see a better and more consistent Barry Ferguson when he returns.

b) It will force Walter to sign a creative midfielder if he wasn't already going to do so.

c) We can see whether Bazza enhances or lessens the team.

As for playing a bunch of seventeen year olds in the team, what is that all about. I'm really glad we've got a proper manager who isn't that naive.

PLG played one of the youngest teams of all time and they were one of the worst Rangers teams I've ever seen. In comes Walter and almost wins the quadruple and suddenly his players are too old?

Walter plays many young players in their early twenties and will hopefully give Furman and Fleck more chances next season. But there are those who continually maligning our manager with what is obviously a load of guff when you take a cursory look at the facts.

Playing a team of teenagers last thing we need to do to bring us the success we crave, no matter how much it works in your fantasies.

What's with this spate of unnecessary negativity on the board that has built up recently, where people are making up a load of nonsense to whinge about?