Barry Ferguson Out for 4 Months

Guest modman
Im gutted. Heart and soul of the team taking out !

so true but he has had the problem a while not ignoring it will not fix it,

glad its getting sorted and maybe just maybe get the old fergy back :rfc:

When I saw this I just assumed the recent rumours were true, but it looks like a new injury. Will be interesting to see who we sign, but we're in for a very interesting start to the season in terms of team selection.

Better now than the middle of a season with no options to bring someone in. Personal feelings are its a brilliant opportunity to bring in the future replacement and get them into the pre-season friendlies.

Agree fully but i admit i am not a Fergie fan. I hoped he would be replaced anyway. I certainly didn't want him injured though,i wouldn't wish that on anybody. I would have preferred to have seen him sold.

The guy is always carrying some sort of injury.

This injury could be the making of the rest of the team. It could also be the end of our season even before a competitive ball is kicked. Only time will tell.

The guy is always carrying some sort of injury.

This injury could be the making of the rest of the team. It could also be the end of our season even before a competitive ball is kicked. Only time will tell.

Gav there is life after Barry Ferguson, believe me.

I'm hoping we manage without Fergie with the hope it brings him and his ego down a few notches. Best result with this scenario is that he's made to fight to win his place back and not just walk straight back into the team.

Might this injury force the management to get their arse into gear to get Steven Davis signed ?

Davis and Thomson in the middle may actually work well. The one thing is for sure, we need to sign someone, even if just a loan signing.

Meanwhile, Rangers are still in talks with Watford over Danny Shittu. However, it's unlikely that a deal for the 27-year-old defender will be agreed before Smith's squad head out for their three-game tour of Germany on Saturday.

Blackburn Rovers are believed to have upped their bid for Fulham midfielder Steven Davis to �£3.5m.

Smith wants the Northern Ireland internationalist back after he spent part of last season on loan, but will not pay the London club's �£4m valuation.

The Rangers boss has other midfield targets in mind and hopes to have that position, and a centre-half, secured before the July 24 signing deadline for the Champions League second qualifying round.

Guest modman

Rangers are on the trail of Italian starlet Jacopo Mantovani of Bologna.

The Ibrox side are attempting to exploit a loophole that would allow the teenage sensation to leave the Italian club on the cheap, which has infuriated the Bologna hierarchy.

Bologna has already lost Fabio Borini and seem powerless to stop Walter Smith, or any other manager�s pursuit of the midfielder.

ââ?¬Å?We know which sides follow our boys,ââ?¬Â Academy chief Giancarlo Marocchi told the Scottish Sun. ââ?¬Å?There has been an expression of interest from one Scottish club about Mantovani.

ââ?¬Å?He is good, but we canââ?¬â?¢t lock down all the promising youngsters.

ââ?¬Å?Unfortunately, with the rules here, we canââ?¬â?¢t put all our promising kids on contracts to keep them away from foreign clubs. We have no weapons.

ââ?¬Å?But hopefully he will decide to stay with us.ââ?¬Â

maybe a midfielder slot for this boy