Ive been disolusioned with our manager for quite some time now and have reached the point were i would like to see him quit his position at Ibrox. My expectations of our team are not being matched by Walter Smith and feel he is dragging the club down with his Negative attitude to the game and his tactical niavety.

Having read some of the recent posts recently it is plain to see that quite a few others share the same concerns as I as to where the club is going.

we are in dire straits. The Uefa cup run has now become a weight around the neck of our club and covers the cracks in our house of cards which i fear is about to come tumbling down around our feet in the very near future.

There has to be big changes at Ibrox very soon if we are to stop the rot.

walter has to go.

Ive been disolusioned with our manager for quite some time now and have reached the point were i would like to see him quit his position at Ibrox. My expectations of our team are not being matched by Walter Smith and feel he is dragging the club down with his Negative attitude to the game and his tactical niavety.

Having read some of the recent posts recently it is plain to see that quite a few others share the same concerns as I as to where the club is going.

we are in dire straits. The Uefa cup run has now become a weight around the neck of our club and covers the cracks in our house of cards which i fear is about to come tumbling down around our feet in the very near future.

walter has to go.

Why stop at Walter - what about the man who appoints Walter and who is draining the very life from the Club? Only one man responsible for the state that we are currently in and it isn't Walter Smith.

David Murray is an estute man, he always has someone else in place who will become the latest fall guy. Walter Smith was the man to stable the ship after PLG but he was never going to be the man to lead us long term. I would bet my house that David Murray doesn't know who'll replace Walter Smith.

We will NEVER improve until SDM is removed from Ibrox.

Cammy F

walter has to go.

I think we share the concerns based on the lack of improvement over the summer but id say its a bit much of a knee jerk reaction to rid Smith at the moment.

As ive said a few times he should be judged on this season. If he doesnt deliver the title this season then its time to move on.

Im a huge fan of Super Ally but I wonder how much WS is missing an experienced No.2 as his assissant.

I can't remember who it was, but someone did point out that SDM would never again hire somebody who wasn't a Walter-type 'yes' man (presumably after the PLG experiment). That's the most depressing thing I've heard this summer. We know long-term he will sell out, but he has always said it will have to be to somebody who has the club's best interests at heart (not a Romanov type). I think we must trust him on that. Do we really want to see a Thai, US, Saudi or whatever consortium come in without knowing anything about them?

Guest dirtybill

I think people want to settle the fuck down, there hasn't even been a ball kicked in the new season and already the linch mob are out, there has been some fair points raised on this matter lately and one major point that has also been raised, and there is no escaping WS is here for at least another season so lets all take the foot off the gas on the band wagon and get behind our beloved club :rfc:

I think people want to settle the fuck down, there hasn't even been a ball kicked in the new season and already the linch mob are out, there has been some fair points raised on this matter lately and one major point that has also been raised, and there is no escaping WS is here for at least another season so lets all take the foot off the gas on the band wagon and get behind our beloved club :rfc:

You can actually do both

Cammy F

Guest dirtybill
You can actually do both

Cammy F

Fair enough, but all im sayin is we all like to moan and greet, and lately there has nothin much to shout about granted but again it has already been mentioned before "negativity breeds negativity" lets judge the man on this season and if the league is not delivered then we should be looking down other avenue's in regards to new staff, we all new WS was only going to be a short term solution.

I'd even be happy to give WS more than this season to deliver the SPL considering that Barry is out for so long & when he comes back there could be issues with his form, match fitness etc. Could be a bit chaotic really if he doesn't gel properly straight away with new players that've come in.

I'd even be happy to give WS more than this season to deliver the SPL considering that Barry is out for so long & when he comes back there could be issues with his form, match fitness etc. Could be a bit chaotic really if he doesn't gel properly straight away with new players that've come in.

Welcome :cheers:

I trust Walter, but each game i have went to so far this season it has got worse and worse

Clyde

Kaunus

Liverpool

Can't get much worse can it ?

Although the Kaunas game is hugely important, the simple fact is that we're still in pre-season. I agree we've not looked too impressive so far, but the REAL WORK starts this week. If we get by Kaunas (and I believe we will) then the SPL kicks off next weekend and as much as we've not had a great pre-season, neither have our rivals. I think it's going to be a close run contest again, but as long as WS is in charge I'm confident that we're going to win more than our fair share of titles. Last season went a long way towards alleviating any doubts I had about his tactical ability on the European stage, which was really the only thing that troubled me initially about his return.

I can understand the frustration from some fans at the defensive tactics we've been deploying, but like someone already said, the first task was to 'steady the ship'. We can now start to build on a solid foundation and I'm sure even WS would prefer to have more edge in attack, which goes some way in explaining the number of strikers we now have on the books. Once the imbalance in midfield is sorted, we're going to have a very strong squad.

Personally I'm confident about what lies ahead for Rangers over the next few years. I hope to see Walter stay in charge for AT LEAST another two seasons and then by the time that he eventually does step down, we'll all be showing him the gratitude he deserves and happy to see McCoist take the reigns.