Why do you start every word with a capital ?

Why are u in a gers forum if you want to comment on ma grammar go into oxford uni website or something if thats what ur interested in.

go on beat it!!!!!!!!!

Why are u in a gers forum if you want to comment on ma grammar go into oxford uni website or something if thats what ur interested in.

go on beat it!!!!!!!!!

No problem son, it's not long until the schools go back anyway so can learn how to write :box:

It does help in forums as well as talking about football if you can write does it not.........

It wasn't meant to be nasty but I never added any smilies :cool:

Im just frustrated with the lack of midfield signings. But I do agree that the transfer window is open until Aug 31 so nothing has been concluded. However we have known for a long time that we NEED an attacking midfielder seen as Buffel wasnt in the plans, then Ferguson gets injured and there is still no mention of a player bar Davis which has even went quiet this week.

We had a chance of Varynen for a decent price along with Lovenkrands and Davis. If we got those 3 Id be very confident that we would be going into tonights match with a bit of a lead.

Everyone knows I rated Buffel but I still find it baffling we would let him go rather than pay the fee to Feyenoord - this fee was a 10th of what Fulham want for Davis - that puts it into perspective

the uefa cup run was nothing more than an amazing fluke. we got to the final on our hands and knees playing a brand of football that was nothing short of disgraceful.

Agree.

Of course it was a fluke, Walter took over a team in dire straights and was competing with clubs who have a greater budget than us and better local talent. What he did though was play hard-nosed football that took advantage of other teams naivety - yet people think that was disgraceful? You would rather we were the naive ones who went out on our arses at the first attempt? Were Mohamed Ali's "Ropadope" tactics disgraceful or genius?

I watched away games in Barcelona, Athens, Florence and Manchester last season and while we could only play the defensive system with the players we had, it was cringeworthy watching us getting hammered, and Europe watching us getting hammered.

You must have been watching different games from me, the only game we got hammered was Lyon at home - because we abandoned our defensive tactics and went for it. You know you must have some great Tim friends, I'm sure you sing from the exact same hymn book. I've never met so many bears who want to belittle our achievements, and then dress it up as "reality".

While i would never give up the memories of getting to Manchester, I hated the fact that we were slated from all sides for our style of football and didnt get the recognition we should have and that the rattlers did when they played Porto.

Perhaps it's because the Tims didn't slag off their own team for getting there like we do, despite them playing similar football. They got slated by Barcelona for "Anti-football" but their fans didn't join in so much to make stick so well.

So....

A new season and money to spend (never a strong point of WS)

We have watched and been bored (IMO) by Rangers teams style of play since the money problems and under McLeish. A chance for change you would think.

The money is more than we can afford but unfortunately it's still pretty much peanuts.

But we find ourselves 4 signings in, overstocked in Defence and Up front (with none who take us "up a level") and 3 weeks from transfer deadline.

This is my worry that WS is hanging off till the last few days of the window in an attempt to get any "creative" players(s) on the cheap, with my guess that Davies will be the only one.

Can't see us overstocked in defence and it's pretty obvious we'll try to offload a couple of stikers. Your guess may be Davis only but did you guess we'd buy three strikers or guess about Bougherra? I doubt it. I'll bet your guesses have been pretty poor this summer.

WS has already stated that the fans should remember that Barry will be back in 3 months, worryingly this suggests to me that he has no intention of buying said flair players.

I think that's a bit of a stretch. Barry is an important player for Rangers whether you like him or not. I think it's evident that we're missing some of his ability in midfield even though many of us would like someone better. But can you come up with a better replacement for him that we can afford? I doubt it.

Is spending money still THAT big an issue, or are we just blind on who to go for in the world transfer market? If that is the case, then internally the scouting network is shockingly bad. English Championship players play there for a reason.

The money is there so depends what you mean by issue. We can't spend more than we earn every year which is something most fans just don't seem to be able to wake up to. Our budget is decent but pretty low in compared with the top 4 leagues in Europe. Top Premiership players play there for a reason - no-one else can afford them.

The fifth richest league in Europe is the Championship and so we will even struggle to compete in that market. I can't see how the scouting network is so bad when I can't think of a single team unearthing more bargains that we are. How come all these great scouts missed Cuellar when ours seen that it was screamingly obvious how good he was?

Just who are all these players we are missing? People have mentioned loads of players on here and most of them are either no better than what we have, are shite, are too expensive or wouldn't come anyway. The rest are probably just not on Smith's radar - you can't expect him to go and buy every player you like.

As much as i hate to criticise WS, he really is setting himself up for a big fall, insisting on buying a player who the majority of the fans do not want,

That's a point but he can't allow the fans to dictate who we buy and it's got to be said that the biggest problem was his Celtic past rather than his ability no matter how much it was dressed up. It could come back to haunt him or maybe the fans will end up looking like they know nothing about football. It's happened plenty of times before.

I don't think that Miller is an inspired signing but he's as good, if not better than a lot of strikers we've had over the years.

letting our most creative player IMO (Buffel) leave for nowt

Buffel was rubbish for Rangers, get over it. He went for nowt because he was worthless. If that's the best you can come up with then it seems you've got no real point apart from a subjective difference of opinion with Smith on you favourite players. I think you'll find a lot of bears disagree with you there. Paying �£400k for a player unwanted by three managers for just one season is just plain silly.

and p*ssing about negotiating over 1million quid for Steve Davies.

Like every true fan, i hope i am wrong, but can anyone see us winning the league this year over a p*ss poor Sellic team?

Again you totally water down any point - you want Rangers to piss away an extra MILLION pounds on a player who clearly isn't worth it right now.

Sorry but you're starting to make the management look like they are the epitome of common sense.

I think that is the difference, they are putting together a real football team with real money and real consequences. It's not some fantasy football with monopoly money, where in their own world they always get it right.

Unless the form dramatically changes or inspired signings are made, I for one will be a very annoyed Copeland Road bear by September

Dramatic changes like squandering money on players who don't contribute anything to the team and giving any club what they want for a mediocre player even though they are not worth it?

How is that going to help?

The only thing I will add is that no one forces you to read anything on here. By happy arrangement, each of my posts bears my username at the top of it. Since you find it so irritating to read my opinions, I recommend you just refuse to read anything I post. That way, you won't have to overstep the mark with unsavoury language again.

lol, really got to laugh at the "unsavoury language" jibe. Are you Mary Whitehouse perchance? Again, I apologise at the use of that heinous word, "tainted"...

Are you so sensitive you can't take a bit of criticism when all you do is come to have a go at a manager you will never allow yourself to see any good in?

Sorry but when people come on here just to vent an anti-Rangers agenda, I'm probably going to comment. It's a Rangers site after all.

Thats me told then!

Of course it was a fluke, Walter took over a team in dire straights and was competing with clubs who have a greater budget than us and better local talent. What he did though was play hard-nosed football that took advantage of other teams naivety - yet people think that was disgraceful? You would rather we were the naive ones who went out on our arses at the first attempt? Were Mohamed Ali's "Ropadope" tactics disgraceful or genius?

- "Disgraceful" was not my word, and maybe harsh on my part using that, but jesus christ, with the exception of Bremen at home (where we showed that we could play reasonably attacking) we didnt score a goal in Europe in 5 games and were totally negative - i hardly think a bit of attacking football at home is naive - remember this was the case in the league also!

You must have been watching different games from me, the only game we got hammered was Lyon at home - because we abandoned our defensive tactics and went for it. You know you must have some great Tim friends, I'm sure you sing from the exact same hymn book. I've never met so many bears who want to belittle our achievements, and then dress it up as "reality".

- Less of the Tim chat and "belittling our achievements" you dont know anything about me pal. Ive paid my season ticket for the last 5 years and watched garbage, im entitled to my opinion.

We did get hammered in Uefa, not in result maybe, but in performance, what games were you watching? It was backs to the wall with the midfield constantly sitting off the other team until midway into our half! Do you like playing under the tag of Anti-football, cos i dont.

Perhaps it's because the Tims didn't slag off their own team for getting there like we do, despite them playing similar football. They got slated by Barcelona for "Anti-football" but their fans didn't join in so much to make stick so well.

- I dont recall slagging the team for getting there. In fact i admitted WS couldn't do much more with them. Your making an argument against nothing here.

The money is more than we can afford but unfortunately it's still pretty much peanuts.

- 20 to 30 million is hardly peanuts

Can't see us overstocked in defence and it's pretty obvious we'll try to offload a couple of stikers. Your guess may be Davis only but did you guess we'd buy three strikers or guess about Bougherra? I doubt it. I'll bet your guesses have been pretty poor this summer.

- Can't see us with too many guys in defence? Dailly, Weir, Cuellar, Bougherra, Broadfoot, Papac, Webster - 7 centre halfs? and Smith and Whittaker as full backs?

I didn't claim to be "guessing" on who we would all be buying and for what position - again, nothing to do with the point i was making.

I think that's a bit of a stretch. Barry is an important player for Rangers whether you like him or not. I think it's evident that we're missing some of his ability in midfield even though many of us would like someone better. But can you come up with a better replacement for him that we can afford? I doubt it.

- I happen to be a fan of Barry and am a neighbour of his mother and father. I wasn't trying to suggest replacements for him, but show that WS tends to think we dont need any other midfielders until he is back.

The money is there so depends what you mean by issue. We can't spend more than we earn every year which is something most fans just don't seem to be able to wake up to. Our budget is decent but pretty low in compared with the top 4 leagues in Europe. Top Premiership players play there for a reason - no-one else can afford them.

- Not once did i suggest spending more than we have - an idiotic idea in anyones book, look at Flo gamble. But with European and Hutton money, there was a substantial amount to spend, i was asking are the fans still expected to think we have to penny pinch after the massive debt in the past - hence "Is spending money still THAT big an issue?" Nothing to do with your tangent about buying "Top premiership players."

The fifth richest league in Europe is the Championship and so we will even struggle to compete in that market. I can't see how the scouting network is so bad when I can't think of a single team unearthing more bargains that we are. How come all these great scouts missed Cuellar when ours seen that it was screamingly obvious how good he was?

- It may be the 5th richest league, but does that mean its the 5th best league in Europe to find new players from????

OK, i agree, Cuellar was last seasons biggest bargain in Europe, apart from that what other "bargains" have we unearthed from leagues other than Britain in the last 5 years?

The guys we have picked up last season are players that anyone with Sky sports would already know!

Hence the fact our scouts dont seem to come up with the goods to help Smith out.

Plus, if WS couldn't spot Cuellar over 2 games PLAYING AGAINST HIM, then we are in trouble.

Just who are all these players we are missing? People have mentioned loads of players on here and most of them are either no better than what we have, are shite, are too expensive or wouldn't come anyway. The rest are probably just not on Smith's radar - you can't expect him to go and buy every player you like.

- Who are the players we are missing?? I think you already know. I havn't mentioned anyone i think would be better than what we have, but i dont manage Rangers. So your last line about buying players that i personally like is again nothing to do with my point

That's a point but he can't allow the fans to dictate who we buy and it's got to be said that the biggest problem was his Celtic past rather than his ability no matter how much it was dressed up. It could come back to haunt him or maybe the fans will end up looking like they know nothing about football. It's happened plenty of times before.

- I hate Miller, end of. He knew fine well before he joined us that he would be stirring up a hornets nest, but chose to come anyway when plenty of other options would be available to him. Plus, he is a terrible football player, only masked by a high work rate.

I doubt if so many bears will be proved wrong, but for the good of rangers i suppose i can give him time.

I don't think that Miller is an inspired signing but he's as good, if not better than a lot of strikers we've had over the years.

- Laughable statement, totally laughable - strikers score goals, not 5 a season. You dont give a timescale, so i cant compare the past.

Buffel was rubbish for Rangers, get over it. He went for nowt because he was worthless. If that's the best you can come up with then it seems you've got no real point apart from a subjective difference of opinion with Smith on you favourite players. I think you'll find a lot of bears disagree with you there. Paying �£400k for a player unwanted by three managers for just one season is just plain silly.

- Buffel was "worthless?" Haha, a Belgian 1st pick for the National team before he came here!!?? Injuries, wages and contract problems hampered him, but i'm beginning to think you've never been at a game at ibrox to see him play.

My point (which i seem to have to explain again) is that he was our only glimmer as a creative player, well him and ferguson. He was constantly working at the edge of the box, and was the only guy we had who would get that far up the park to slide balls through for guys like Boydy.

Smith obviously had a fall out with him, but that doesnt make him a bad player does it?

Paying 400K for a CREATIVE PLAYER based on your next line isnt even a hard decision.

Again you totally water down any point - you want Rangers to piss away an extra MILLION pounds on a player who clearly isn't worth it right now.

- Water what down? Davies wasnt the most attacking player i've ever saw, but at least he gives 110% and offers more than charlie adam.

We have already paid 3M for "potential" in Lafferty, 2M - a waste for Miller and 1M on Velicka, who may well be a luxury sub.

Pretty extravagent spending by WS there instead of putting it into a position WE NEED.

Sorry but you're starting to make the management look like they are the epitome of common sense.

- In what way?

I think that is the difference, they are putting together a real football team with real money and real consequences. It's not some fantasy football with monopoly money, where in their own world they always get it right.

- At what point did i say go out and buy half of the worlds best players? You are simply making stuff up here for what reason i dont know.

Dramatic changes like squandering money on players who don't contribute anything to the team and giving any club what they want for a mediocre player even though they are not worth it?

How is that going to help?

- Squandering money? Have i endorsed that at all?? I'm fed up answering your fabricated views on my opinions, in future i'll listen to constructive criticism.

- Less of the Tim chat and "belittling our achievements" you dont know anything about me pal. Ive paid my season ticket for the last 5 years and watched garbage, im entitled to my opinion.

Look "pal" I don't need to know you, I just need to read what you said. Let me refer you to your earlier quote:

I watched away games in Barcelona, Athens, Florence and Manchester last season and while we could only play the defensive system with the players we had, it was cringeworthy watching us getting hammered, and Europe watching us getting hammered.

You don't think that changing the "we" to "they" and it could have easily come from a Tim? I've argued many times with Tims on the Scotsman, and that's EXACTLY the kind of stuff they write. I didn't say you are a Tim but after arguing with them it's a bit crap to have to do it with someone who says he supports my club.

If what you said was true, then I could understand it, but from where I was sitting, we gubbed team after team on the way to the final. Was Mohamid Ali getting "hammered" when he was ropadoping? Italian teams have played that kind of football for years and never had the same kind of slagging.

Crap teams don't get to the final, but if they do, then how the hell do you measure your success? Was PLG really a great manager but he lost to teams that we hammered? Was he a far bigger success but some of us just can't see it?

Since you've been a season ticket holder for five years, it's strange you think that way as we've won very little before last season in that time, bar Celtic handing us the title on the last day and the football has been consistently dire all the way.

Last season MUST have been the best you've seen at Ibrox bar losing the league in the last few games. I haven't seen as strong a Rangers for about 7 years.

Last season in Europe may not have been the prettiest but it was definitely effective and it sure beats getting gubbed by Victoria Zhizkov or Gothenburg etc. If we have to play crap football to win then I'll take that over playing good football and losing - something we did under WS last tenure.

The ideal is playing great AND winning, but if it was that easy everyone would be doing it and therefore nobody.

I for one enjoyed our European run immensely - but then, I love it when Rangers win.

Well well, will the happy-clappy performing seals who regularly inhabit Rangers forums finally see the reality of our situation? Still think Walter Smith is the future? Still think he should stay in his job as manager?

Put it this way, any manager who willingly puts Charlie Adam on a football park shouldn't still be in employment at Ibrox. 1967 was a mess. The Greig years weren't brilliant. The pre-Souness years were dire. McLeish hadn't a clue. The PLG debacle was just that. But the current shambles on and off the park is as bad as anything I've seen in fifty years following this club.