If true, you just wonder if Carlos really was injured on Tuesday or if he was being saved from being cup tied as an insurance policy.

Yup, i hope its all $hite and he's still with us for years to come, but could the same be said for Hemdani, seems a bit strange that in a patched up midfield he didn't play a part in either euro match (or have i missed something and he is injured).

Anyway we still need players in and i can't see SDM handing over any cash :ffs:

Sun has Spurs bidding �£12m for him. Sickening. I don't normally give credence to red top reports but I reckon that's where he'll end up. Mid-table in England having been forced out the door by an unworthy heirarchy, a la Hutton.:throwpc:

I am telling you this, but its top secret...

He has signed for Hull for an initial �£4.50 and a bag of bon bons. This will rise to a tenner with appearances....

My mate inside Ibrox told me so.... blah blah blah...

I was speaking to a colleague in our head office in London today who is a die hard Spurs fan and he seems pretty certain that they will make a bid for Cuellar next week. I didn't see the sun story and I've not checked any of their forums but the way he was talking it seems like there could be some truth in it.

o Offers For Cuellar

WALTER SMITH has confirmed that he still has money to buy at least two new players to bolster his squad and also knocked back suggestions the club is looking to sell fans' favourite Carlos Cuellar.

Despite going out of Europe to FBK Kaunas on Tuesday night the Gers' gaffer insists this has not affected his transfer budget but did highlight the difficulties he has encountered in finding the quailty of player he wants at the club.

Carlos CuellarWith three weeks of the current transfer window to go Smith is actively looking for suitable targets but has no intention of losing the club's current Player of the Year.

He said: "We have no offer for Carlos and that is where we stand right now. We don't want one and are not seeking one and we don't need to sell the player, or any player, at this stage.

"I don't have to offload players but I think it's a natural situation that some were going to leave anyway.

"That will still happen but this is not because of our failure to get into the Champions League.

"We had some money to spend before Tuesday night and we still have that but we are having a difficulty in getting the level of player that we want.

"That's been a difficult task over the close season but there is money there for us to bring in a couple of players yet.

"We have specific areas of the pitch we want to improve but we're hopeful in the remaining three weeks of the transfer window we can do that."

Smith has received a barrage of criticism in newspaper columns and from fans after Tuesday night's Euro exit in Lithuania but realises this comes with the territory at any big club.

He said: "Nobody likes to be criticised in any way, shape or form but when you become a football manager you don't expect to go through your career without receiving that at some stage. Walter Smith

"If you are not prepared to accept the criticism you should not be a football manager.

"When you lose in the manner we did on Tuesday night to Kaunas you expect criticism and it is deserved, I totally accept that.

"I have had it before but all you can do is try to recover and get on with the job in-hand. That's exactly what we will do.

"I'm not responsible for how people react but we can only feel the disappointment of the result in Kaunas and there is no doubt every one at the club feels it, from the Chairman all the way down.

"But we have to move on and make sure this does not affect our domestic results.

"We must look at the Kaunas games and raise our standards, starting this weekend against Falkirk."

I was speaking to a colleague in our head office in London today who is a die hard Spurs fan and he seems pretty certain that they will make a bid for Cuellar next week. I didn't see the sun story and I've not checked any of their forums but the way he was talking it seems like there could be some truth in it.

And in The Record today it's claimed that Carlos WILL be sold if Hutton-type money is offered. That's in contradiction to what we were hearing before. What we want is for someone to say "He's not for sale" full stop. Won't stop the rumours though. And Templeton clearly didn't ask the right questions - he didn't ask about the rumoured Carlos release clause for 10 million.

If he goes at the start of the season when we've been told that we don't HAVE to sell at the moment, then there should be a tidal wave of anger directed at the board like we have never seen.