Decisions Going Celtics Way

Caldwell had already been booked and then appeared to go up with his elbow. Penalty would have been soft

Think that's the general consensus from what i've read.

Still thought, if we only count decisions when we lose/they win it looks like sour grapes.

Caldwell on a yellow and uses and elbow. Should've walked surely.

Think that's the general consensus from what i've read.

Still thought, if we only count decisions when we lose/they win it looks like sour grapes.

Caldwell on a yellow and uses and elbow. Should've walked surely.

Yip and Irish Tv sorry Setanta - never showed the incident again. I need to stop taking those paranoia pills :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the highlights of the Hibs game and seen a couple more baffling decisions against us. Hibs only attack of note in the first half came from one of them being clearly offside by at least 4 yards. Then there was Whittaker's penalty claim, which they didn't show a good enough replay to see if it was inside the box, but it was blatantly at LEAST a free kick on the edge which we didn't get either. Diobolical refereeing.

Then there was another penalty claim for handball which was probably correctly called as unintentional and too close to be a foul, but then I've seen them called against us often enough.

Falkirk had a reasonable penalty claim turned down against Celtic too.

• 4 weeks later...

Nobody interested in this thread anymore?

Bit of a mixed bag at the weekend. Two good penalty chances for us turned down only to be given a very soft one. A strange sending off for both sides. In the end I don't think it affected the result.

For Celtic, there was a controversial non-sending off, that was mentioned by Hartson at least a couple of dozen times. I think it's one of those where you could get sent of one day but not the next. It wasn't that clear cut as the Celtic minded make out as he went for the ball and got it.

Again, I don't really think it affected the result, and it's one of those that is impossible to prove one way or the other. Relying on a player getting sent off to win a game when you're 2-1 done is really stretching it.

Nobody interested in this thread anymore?

Bit of a mixed bag at the weekend. Two good penalty chances for us turned down only to be given a very soft one. A strange sending off for both sides. In the end I don't think it affected the result.

For Celtic, there was a controversial non-sending off, that was mentioned by Hartson at least a couple of dozen times. I think it's one of those where you could get sent of one day but not the next. It wasn't that clear cut as the Celtic minded make out as he went for the ball and got it.

Again, I don't really think it affected the result, and it's one of those that is impossible to prove one way or the other. Relying on a player getting sent off to win a game when you're 2-1 done is really stretching it.

I am still interested in it cal. I think I will try to do an updated list of incidents when I can get a chance. Might take a while though.

If anything I think again we were hard done by.

4 penalty shouts of which we got one that whilst "soft" was still a pen. From the ref's pov the defender comes in from behind, 2 arms on Boyd's back and bundles him to the floor. Instead of complaining at the ref they should be angry at the defender for making such a silly challenge which was unnecessary with Boyd going nowhere.

Papac was a yellow.

Cregg went in 2 footed, studs shoiwn. Would have maybe got away with it 10 years ago but not anymore.

In the Celtic game, If Cregg was a red I guess Kerr's was too.

Though McDonal's equaliser was offside.

Aberdeen would likely still have won if all decisions had gone their way.

We were hampered by the decisions in our game if anyone was.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Seems we stopped this after the half way point in the season yet there is enough there to show we should actually have wrapped the league up by now.

Its pretty scandalous really.

Especially when you look at the fuss the *******s and the media will make over just one decision such as the andy davis fiasco.

• 1 month later...