Well in for Webster

I actually have high hopes for Webster,if he could just keep free from injury I honestly think the guy will go on to be a great CB for Rangers,letting him go out on a short term loan is an ideal way of getting him back to what we all know he can do.

agreed. 100%. tis common sense.

I think its a good move. If he proves his fitness, I honestly believe he could become a really important player for us. Whenever I have seen him play in the past while fit and getting a game every week, I thought he looked a bargain signing for us. Of course that was before the injuries and bad luck kicked in.

Apparently Bristol City are now in for Webster.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scottishpremier/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/08/18/manual_152750.html&TEAMHD=scotspremiership

Bristol City are reportedly closing in on the signing of Rangers defender Andy Webster.

It is understood the Championship club have made a move for the Scotland international after losing Jamie McCombe to injury.

McCombe faces up to six weeks on the sidelines after fracturing his cheekbone in Saturday's draw with Derby and Robins boss Gary Johnson is keen to bring in Webster to fill the void.

Motherwell have also enquired about taking Webster on loan, but City hope to lure the former Wigan man to Ashton Gate.

Rangers are willing to loan out the 26-year-old as he looks to get some regular action under his belt.

Webster was restricted to just one appearance for Rangers last season and a loan move would suit both City and the Ibrox outfit.

I still find the Webster thing bizarre. Id have said if he was fit then he would be the best option to partner Bougherra at the moment. Hopefully he goes to Bristol and plays games without injury (tough ask) and if performing well we recall him.

I still find the Webster thing bizarre. Id have said if he was fit then he would be the best option to partner Bougherra at the moment. Hopefully he goes to Bristol and plays games without injury (tough ask) and if performing well we recall him.

Rangers don't want Webster. Bain tied himself in a knot trying to get one over on Hearts and get a player on the cheap. We obviously had to buy him after the loan period.

I don't think it was "had to" more like a gentleman's agreement. Anyway, we did get him on the cheap and surely our insurance must have helped with his wages...

Even if we don't want him, if we can get him back up to form and full fitness, then we should be able to make a decent profit on him. Although if he gets back to his Hearts form, he could make a good Rangers player.