Are you happy that people are protesting?

Are you happy at the protesting?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy at the protesting?

If that was true then it would be a no brainer.

What I will say though is, are you happy with the product, do you get value for money, and do we make more money when it is out to tender.?

Product and choice could certainly be improved.

Value for money? Is it more expensive than other stadiums? Possibly not.

Do we make more money? Probably, or else why do it.

There is nothing wrong with the principle of out-sourcing. Whether we could make more cash by competitive tendering (and is the current contract done by competitive tendering)? That's the big question that we can't answer.

I can see the point of using an outside company to do the catering due the economies of scale due to other contracts and the fact they take all the risks.

However, the thing that gets me is that Azure was set up by the Chairman of Rangers and immediately given the Ibrox contract. The company were therefore immediately trading with a large guaranteed income with a captive market. The company then grew on the back of this trade into a largish successful company.

So the kicker is that instead of Murray having this company under the umbrella of his own parent company, it could have been under the umbrella of Rangers FC will all dividends from profits going to the club. That could be about 1M more a year in Rangers coffers depending on how much profit is retained.

It was Murray's choice about who he was setting up the company for, and like any successful businessman, he chose himself.

I am not happy that we currently have a section of fans who feel the need to protest - this shows you that our club isn't being run properly.

Do I agree with the protestors, or agree that they have the right to express their feelings regarding the way OUR club is being run both on and off the pitch - off course I do.

Cammy F

Guest damien
Educate me then. Persuade me. What exactly have people been expecting in the last season and a half. Yes, I realise that a lot of what Murray comes out with is bollocks. But who will replace him? He backs his manager with cash. He can't be held accountable about who Walter signs. He spent a fortune in the past 'chasing the dream'. He picked up the hottest managerial prospect in Europe at the time and was man enough to listen to the fans and accept that his appointment was a mistake. He appointed someone to steady the ship and it has worked. Would you rather go down the Newcastle route, changing owners, appointing managers that play sexy football' and win fuck all?

So tell, me what are you protesting about and what do you want to achieve? How will it make Rangers better? Or, if you want, make a one-liner with no substance.

You think that people protesting was all about the Kaunas game? Maybe, maybe not, but there is an undercurrent of ill-feeling towards SDM that regards more than just being put out of Europe early. For many years now SDM has relinqusihed Rangers of many of its assets, yes he's kept most of them within his own company or outsourced to his family but fact remains that when he eventually does sell it will be a depleted Rangers he has sold.

The Kaunas game was a catalyst, enough to provoke people to speak out, enough to maybe get people like yourself to understand that Rangers is no longer the institution it used to be. No, this is not about singing Billy Boys or any of that, it's about Rangers as a club.

Answer me a question honestly, are we THE premier team in Scotland at the moment in ALL aspects?

Think about it and if you can convince me that we are then I'll cease all my illwill towards SDM rebuy a season ticket, goto the match and sit on my hands and shut up for the rest of SDM's tenure.

If not then you partly understand where some of us are coming from. It has been said that some of us are still living in the dark ages, yes I believe some of us are, some of us hold the values that Mr Struth set out for the club dear, others like SDM (who didn't even know who Mr Struth was) don't.

There's too many people that seem to think that buying season tickets & jerseys makes RFC 'their' club literally & gives them rights that they simply don't have. Newsflash - Buying Season tickets & jerseys for your whole family as well as investing your hard-earned savings in some RFC shares still doesn't (& shouldn't imo) give you ANY say in how the club is run. Too many people with big mouths & even bigger egos imo.

Just my 0.02 cents. :P

Guest damien
There's too many people that seem to think that buying season tickets & jerseys makes RFC 'their' club literally & gives them rights that they simply don't have. Newsflash - Buying Season tickets & jerseys for your whole family as well as investing your hard-earned savings in some RFC shares still doesn't (& shouldn't imo) give you ANY say in how the club is run. Too many people with big mouths & even bigger egos imo.

So you would quite happily watch Rangers fade to mediocrity, become another Hearts, Dundee or maybe even St.Mirren. You would allow this to happen? You would accept this happening?

I can't quite understand this logic. I don't have a huge ego, I do not proclaim to be able to run a football club, but I will have my say. I'm entitled to that whether anyone listens to, agrees or disagrees to it.

We as a support pump millions into Rangers, we are entitled to a say. We are the lifeblood of the club, not one man at the top. When he is gone we will still be there and if and when that day happens I want 'my' club to be THE club in Scotland. The club in every aspect, club, stadia, players, support, trophies, records, ethics, standards, finance, property and more. Do I ask for too much? Am I delusioned in what I ask for? If so why? We had it all before, we set the bar years ago for all clubs to follow and we have been let down.

I can see the point of using an outside company to do the catering due the economies of scale due to other contracts and the fact they take all the risks.

However, the thing that gets me is that Azure was set up by the Chairman of Rangers and immediately given the Ibrox contract. The company were therefore immediately trading with a large guaranteed income with a captive market. The company then grew on the back of this trade into a largish successful company.

So the kicker is that instead of Murray having this company under the umbrella of his own parent company, it could have been under the umbrella of Rangers FC will all dividends from profits going to the club. That could be about 1M more a year in Rangers coffers depending on how much profit is retained.

It was Murray's choice about who he was setting up the company for, and like any successful businessman, he chose himself.

The one thing that goes against your otherwise well-reasoned argument was that Azure made losses and would have been a drain on resources.

A football club isn't like a normal business and the fans do deserve some sort of input. Perhaps we don't have the inside knowledge and therefore can't see the big picture, but there are basics like standing up for the club, its players and support when lies are written about them that shuld be adhered to.

I think being truthful is also a basic tenet that should be applied more.

Some people are driven by ego, but in my experience most are just driven by a love of their club.