New Defender ? Martin Bjarsmyr ??

We definitely need another centre-half but must admit I don't know anything about this guy...

I actually think Svensson may have improved (probably beside Weir actually) but it does show we must be very careful if we opt for a younger alongside Bougherra.

dont we have any up and comming youngsters who could fill the role?

Danny Wilson is very highly thought of but is still a bit young to play regularly.

Central defence is definitely an area of the team where I prefer decent experience.

Danny Wilson is very highly thought of but is still a bit young to play regularly.

Central defence is definitely an area of the team where I prefer decent experience.

agreed - though experience is not the same as pensionable. i think davie weir has been one of our better signings but we need to start building a defense that'll be playing together for a considerable period of time. there's experience in individuals and experience of defences as a whole. i think we need both.

I thought Weir looked a bit better against Hearts than of late but generally his lack of pace affects the whole system of the team. We sit far too deep and gaps often appear between the midfield and defence which are exploited by the opposition.

His experience will be useful to have in the squad but as you say, it's time we built a new central partnership and looked to the future. Hopefully keeping them both next summer... ;)

agreed - though experience is not the same as pensionable. i think davie weir has been one of our better signings but we need to start building a defense that'll be playing together for a considerable period of time. there's experience in individuals and experience of defences as a whole. i think we need both.

What you on about ???? Weir will be a starter when he is set to celebrate his half century - surely that is a considerable amount of time ? :fish: )where are the smilies ?)

Frankie im sick and tired of hearing how good the current crop of youngsters are. thats all you hear from the club. one thing is for sure, they wont improve to the level we want if they dont get first team football.

Frankie im sick and tired of hearing how good the current crop of youngsters are. thats all you hear from the club. one thing is for sure, they wont improve to the level we want if they dont get first team football.

I agree the likes of Fleck Furman and Lennon are in the same boat. On a more positive note we should be sending some more of the kids out on loan like we have done with Lennon. That gets them regular games and allows us to have a look at them at the same time. It worked with Adam to a certain degree when he went to St Mirren although he has since faded badly

I agree the likes of Fleck Furman and Lennon are in the same boat. On a more positive note we should be sending some more of the kids out on loan like we have done with Lennon. That gets them regular games and allows us to have a look at them at the same time. It worked with Adam to a certain degree when he went to St Mirren although he has since faded badly

Worked for McGregor too !!