He's getting worse and worse. It's a damn shame :sigh:

Some of those who call themselves his 'pals' should take a good look at themselves. He needs help and he's not getting it from any of them. No doubt those who could (and probably would like to) try and help him, including folk at Ibrox see him as too much of a liability and you can't blame them. He really needs to get himself away from all those drunks and scroungers.

He's getting worse and worse. It's a damn shame :sigh:

Some of those who call themselves his 'pals' should take a good look at themselves. He needs help and he's not getting it from any of them. No doubt those who could (and probably would like to) try and help him, including folk at Ibrox see him as too much of a liability and you can't blame them. He really needs to get himself away from all those drunks and scroungers.

Sorry but an Alcoholic can only help himself. Not one person in the world can get him off the drink but himself. I don't know about the scrounger, but he is the drunk. Paul Gascoigne needs to take a look at himself. I actually take my hat off to his friends for sticking by him. You cannot blame other people for making him an alcoholic he did that himself. Only he can change things around.

You cannot blame other people for making him an alcoholic he did that himself. Only he can change things around.

Yes that's true, but I get the impression that some of his friends are a bad influence and he needs to distance himself from that in order to sort himself out.

Guest sharpayrbear
Sorry but an Alcoholic can only help himself. Not one person in the world can get him off the drink but himself. I don't know about the scrounger, but he is the drunk. Paul Gascoigne needs to take a look at himself. I actually take my hat off to his friends for sticking by him. You cannot blame other people for making him an alcoholic he did that himself. Only he can change things around.

This is absolutely true, but as many people as possible telling him they care and believe he can do it would be a great help. I don't think having an alcoholic friend is a liability - I think he should be invited to Ibrox on a match day so we can all give him a cheer and encourage him.

my brother in law has just died through alchoholism at the ripe old age of 43 . we could do nothing to help him. in the end the whole family distanced them selves very slowly over a period of time from him. Not that they wanted to. he just couldnt be helped.

He was set in his ways and the only time you did see him was to "lend him a tenner" and hed be off again.

Its an illness. It can be treated but the end user has to want to be treated.

i dont feel sorry for gazza. Hes not the average down and out who has no one to turn to. so many people trying to help him and he pisses right down their necks every time.

They wont be there for ever though and he will find himself all alone with know where to go.

then he will die and everyone will say they seen it comming.