Rangers midfielder Brahim Hemdani admits he needs a "change of air" after stagnating on the Ibrox fringes under boss Walter Smith...

Brahim Hemdani is regarded as one of the most technically gifted players at Rangers. However, the 30-year-old Algerian can't get into the Gers first-team.

Boss Walter Smith knows all about the defensive midfielder's qualities, using him frequently in Europe to perform man-marking jobs and screen the back four.

However, Hemdani has been otherwise frozen out. Now, without European football this season, he admits that he could be leaving shortly.

Linked with Middlesbrough in January and Turkish outfit Kocaelispor in the last days of the summer transfer window, Hemdani hope it'll soon be third time lucky.

He admitted: "I think the time has come for me to get a change of air. I have nothing more to prove in Scotland.

"However, if no offers arise, then I will be forced to see out the final year of year of my contract and remain at the club."

As he won't get a game under Walter it is probably better for everyone if he leaves. I would have liked to see him playing with Mendes for a game though.

Lacks commitment at Ibrox; thinks he's better than he is too.

Seems to want to be picked just because than showing he should be in the team.

Been very poor the last half dozen or so times I've seen him and was a waste of a jersey in the UEFA final.

He probably wont get much games this season so it another one where he its best if he moves on to free up wages.

I like Hemdani and think he would do well in the team with Mendes. For one, Mendes wouldnt be tackling him for the ball like Ferguson does

He probably wont get much games this season so it another one where he its best if he moves on to free up wages.

I like Hemdani and think he would do well in the team with Mendes. For one, Mendes wouldnt be tackling him for the ball like Ferguson does

I'd have Ferguson every time before Hemdani, Hemdani should have stepped up to the mark as soon as BF was out injured if he is that good,but he hasn't and isn't. One good season then he has offered nothing to merit a starting place. Thanks Brahim, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Quote Bluedell

if no offers arise,

then get a better agent.

then get a better agent.

Not sure why it seems that I've edited your post. I definitely went for a quote, mate, then got an error message, and I couldn't post anything. Many apologies. Triesd it about 3 times but got the same error message. Very strange.

Not sure why it seems that I've edited your post. I definitely went for a quote, mate, then got an error message, and I couldn't post anything. Many apologies. Triesd it about 3 times but got the same error message. Very strange.

You must have clicked on edit rather than quote.

Dont worry, Im sure everyone would like to edit Pete's posts :)

You must have clicked on edit rather than quote.

Dont worry, Im sure everyone would like to edit Pete's posts :)

On this occasion I definitely didn't. The whole site went white and there was an error message when I pressed submit post. It was fine when I pressed preview. Gave some sort of web address, but something strange about it. Didn't seem the normal web address.

Doubt I'll be able to recreate it, so chances are I won't be believed. :D