Letizi.

Wish I had the foggiest about finance.

Crap, knew I would forget at least one - and he IS an important one - thanks Danny. He was free too.

Am sure we got 500k for Zurab - but even if not and we assumed we got nothing for him then we have spent a total of 1.7 mill on player transfer fees.

I would like to think that there are more signings to come, especially as DM said there were "several" millions to spend. In my experience 1.7 does not count as "several"

Does he, I'm sure PLG has given David Murray names of players he wants, and he hasn't gotten them - YET (Clement aside)

So the 7 or 8 signings we've made ... how do they fit in?

No, first choice was Lovenkrands

Em, no. We only wanted to keep him. Nowhere was PLG quoted as saying PL was to be our star striker. And you clearly knew I meant targets, not existing players.

- Elmander, then Sebo - so if we sign the Arsenal reserve, that'll be 4th choice - if not, it'll be 5th, or 6th, or 7th choice.

The Arsenal reserve is being targeted as cover as far as I can tell. To enhance the squad. No way is he targeted as a main striker partner for Boyd/Prso.

I know how much power he has - and its a disgrace - a man that doesn't have any respect for you or me and doesn't have Rangers FC or our best interests at heart.

He's a businessman who probably has too much power - but I haven't seen any evidence that he doesn't have our best interests at heart. It sounds more to me like you just don't like him.

Crap, knew I would forget at least one - and he IS an important one - thanks Danny. He was free too.

Am sure we got 500k for Zurab - but even if not and we assumed we got nothing for him then we have spent a total of 1.7 mill on player transfer fees.

I would like to think that there are more signings to come, especially as DM said there were "several" millions to spend. In my experience 1.7 does not count as "several"

There's also a question of prudence. Having the money is one thing. Wasting it on overpriced players is quite another.

I mean looking at Wigan spending 5.5M on a donkey like Heskey? Jesus wept...

The Arsenal reserve is being targeted as cover as far as I can tell. To enhance the squad. No way is he targeted as a main striker partner for Boyd/Prso.

As were all other players we've signed, apart from Clement, Sionko and possibly the keeper. Svensson is another that IMO, will be forced into first team action when he was first seen as 'cover'. The 2 lads from Rennes HAVEN'T started a first class game yet, so I don't think they were signed as 'starters' - same with the lad Furmanfrom Chelsea and N'Diaye. But due to lack of signings, the majority of them will be forced to start sooner than expected.

Em, no. We only wanted to keep him. Nowhere was PLG quoted as saying PL was to be our star striker. And you clearly knew I meant targets, not existing players.

Must have read differenet interviews from you - PLG wanted Lovenkrands to stay and wanted him in the team. If you have watched PLG teams of old, Lovenkrands would have fitted in brilliantly to his style and IMO would have been a wonderful player under PLG - his loss, not ours tho.

He's a businessman who probably has too much power - but I haven't seen any evidence that he doesn't have our best interests at heart. It sounds more to me like you just don't like him.

Giving staff time off to watch Craptic in Saville, stating that he wouldn't employ a Rangers fan for certain positions and not knowing who Bill Struth was (along with McClelland) shows he doesn't have the best interests of Rangers at heart.

There's also a question of prudence. Having the money is one thing. Wasting it on overpriced players is quite another.

But, there has to be a ballancing act - if the manager wants a player, then surely �£200,000 (I am lead to believe that this is how far apart we are) isn't going to bankrupt us - is it?

Cammy F

I mean looking at Wigan spending 5.5M on a donkey like Heskey? Jesus wept...

I most certainly wasn't suggesting that we should pay for overpriced players - my point was SOLELY that there should be more money to spend given DM's statements.

I don't know enough about Sebo... but (I think it was you Danny) a good point was made that this guy was playing with Artmedia season before last and isn't exactly a household name so is he worth 2.5 mill ? And given that his contract expires at the end of next season that should diminish his value still further

As were all other players we've signed, apart from Clement, Sionko and possibly the keeper. Svensson is another that IMO, will be forced into first team action when he was first seen as 'cover'.

Totally disagree. He was signed as a first team pick.

The 2 lads from Rennes HAVEN'T started a first class game yet, so I don't think they were signed as 'starters' - same with the lad Furmanfrom Chelsea and N'Diaye. But due to lack of signings, the majority of them will be forced to start sooner than expected.

Can't agree with this. Our first team against Motherwell will, at this point, feature the new signings like Letizi, Clement and so on, plus the old guard like Rod, Prso and Ferguson. I cannot see N'Daiye etc being a starter already.

Must have read differenet interviews from you - PLG wanted Lovenkrands to stay and wanted him in the team.

Wanted him to stay. This doesn't mean he considered him our star striker. Interestingly we didn't offer to increase his salary. Not really the sign of a player we were going to bill as our main goal getter.

If you have watched PLG teams of old, Lovenkrands would have fitted in brilliantly to his style and IMO would have been a wonderful player under PLG - his loss, not ours tho.

Total matter of opinion. I rated him as well, but this isn't a debate about how good PL is.

Giving staff time off to watch Craptic in Saville, stating that he wouldn't employ a Rangers fan for certain positions and not knowing who Bill Struth was (along with McClelland) shows he doesn't have the best interests of Rangers at heart.

Not to me it doesn't.

But, there has to be a ballancing act - if the manager wants a player, then surely �£200,000 (I am lead to believe that this is how far apart we are) isn't going to bankrupt us - is it?

I'm led to believe we're �£1.5M away from their target. Or at least offering only half. Don't know where you're getting �£200,000 from.

I most certainly wasn't suggesting that we should pay for overpriced players - my point was SOLELY that there should be more money to spend given DM's statements.

And I believe there is...

I don't know enough about Sebo... but (I think it was you Danny) a good point was made that this guy was playing with Artmedia season before last and isn't exactly a household name so is he worth 2.5 mill ? And given that his contract expires at the end of next season that should diminish his value still further

It was me who made that point. I am being slightly hypocritical because I began to become in favour of giving Wien what they wanted for the player, but I'm not so sure now that almost �£3M for the guy is a fair price.

I'm led to believe we're �£1.5M away from their target. Or at least offering only half. Don't know where you're getting �£200,000 from.

Its called negotiating - I have heard that if we offer �£1.75M we would have had permission to speak to the player.

Totally disagree. He was signed as a first team pick.

Well, I disagree - IMO he was signed as a raw, young and relatively inexperienced centre-half - not the ideal CV for a 'leader' and defender who has to take us to SPL title and European progress.

I cannot see N'Daiye etc being a starter already

Really, I think he has a better chance than the two lads from Rennes who have yet to play a competitive game for Rennes or Rangers. N'Daiye has featured heavily in pre-season and IMO that's an indication that he will be 'first team material'. Ditto the two French lads - if we don't sign any other 'experienced' players, they will become first squad regulars.

Interestingly we didn't offer to increase his salary.

Don't think many players will be offered increase in salary - we are trying to drive salaries down.

Not to me it doesn't.

Well, we must have differing views on what type of person should be running Rangers and or working for them in general - and what having the best interests of Rangers at heart means

Cammy F