Guest mac attack

I think we all have to just sit back a bit and look at the bigger picture!...PLG has got a lot of work to do and he aint gonna do it in one season.He may only bring in a few players this season,but they will be only the start.Young and keen to please they will be, but at a price that's affordable PLG will get a good look to see if they fit into his plans.Remember we can still buy in the January window,Even if it is for next season..For years we've been bleeded dry by other clubs who knew we where a cash cow..Things had to change..and it looks like it's started....Breath deep everyone..The Revolution won't happen over night..Have faith.

I think we could afford it, I think it's still a question of valuation.

PLG believes a player is worth a set amount and that amount is what we're willing to pay.

I don't believe DM is to blame at all - I think he is simply going by PLG's wishes - if PLG agreed Sebo was worth 2.5M I think we'd have signed him by now.

Who here thinks that in the modern transfer market a player who used to play for Artmedia and is currently living it up in Austria is actually worth almost 3M?

I trust PLG and his judgement.

That's a good point. Austria are deliberately overvaluing the player as they don't need to sell and PLG is determined not to be held to ransom.

I thought Svensson was signed as a starter, but PLG has said that our youth players are poor and that Furman (I think, or one of the other guys) was "too young" to be considered a first team player yet. So that also rules out a few of his other signings too on that basis.

I thought Svensson was signed as a starter, but PLG has said that our youth players are poor and that Furman (I think, or one of the other guys) was "too young" to be considered a first team player yet. So that also rules out a few of his other signings too on that basis.

Mike,

I think the "too young" quote was aimed at the young Italian player that was on trial at the same time as N'Diaye.

The one thing that I am probably most pleased about this pre-season is that PLG seems to be trying to build a team fir the future (just look at the age of the players he is signing - only Letizi is over 30, Sionko is 29 and the rest are young lads who hopefully will have the desire to succeed at a HUGE club such as ours).

And I am sure that PLG will strengthen before the end of the transfer window in the positions that need strengthened.

I am very excited about what this season holds for us - and only 12 days to go !!!!!

Great thread lads with well put points.

Im sitting on the fence with the Sebo situation. I havent heard of him until we enquired about him so I dont know if he would be a 1.2 million player or a 2.5 million player.

But it does seem AV are deliberately upping the price.

What does concern me is we are going through PLG's list of strikers (that he wants) and we are not picking any up. The thing concerning me the most is, could PLG be getting P***ed off with not getting the players he wants. He may be thinking "WTF, why isnt the funds available like they were supposed to be". But i hope its his decision not to raise offers and its him that is standing his ground by not over paying (in his opinion) for players.

P.S

I also thought Svensson was signed for a first team centre half, as if he wasnt then who is J Rods partner come start of the season.

As for Lovenkrands, i thought PLG could of improved him as a player and id of rather seen the likes of Ricksen, Rae, Malcolm, Andrews etc all head out the door ahead of him.

Totally disagree. He was signed as a first team pick.

Totally agree with you Danny. The guy was CAPTAIN of his former team, and I don't think he'd have signed to then sit on the bench. I'm certain he was signed as our first pick along with J-Rod.

Can't agree with this. Our first team against Motherwell will, at this point, feature the new signings like Letizi, Clement and so on, plus the old guard like Rod, Prso and Ferguson. I cannot see N'Daiye etc being a starter already.

There are quite a few weeks left in the transfer window and I reckon PLG still has a few mil to spend. I think he just wants to use it wisely and make it go further. He wants at least 3 more signings, probably more.

Even now we have a team without playing the new youngsters:

-------------Letizi

Hutton Svensson J-Rod Smith

---Barry/Hemdani Clement

---Sionko Buffel Burke/Prso

------------Boyd

I think we need to give PLG a chance. After all didn't most of our present team do well in the CL last season? I think our team has already improved and we now have a tactical manager who will get our players fitter and more disciplined.

Wanted him to stay. This doesn't mean he considered him our star striker. Interestingly we didn't offer to increase his salary. Not really the sign of a player we were going to bill as our main goal getter.

I'm glad to see the back of PL, he was greedy and showed no great respect for our club.

I'm led to believe we're £1.5M away from their target. Or at least offering only half. Don't know where you're getting £200,000 from.

Most of the papers say that we've offered 1.2M and they want 2M. That's 800k difference which puts a big dent in a 3M budget when you still want two more players.

The guy is in the last year of his contract and so we can try to play hard ball and not be fleeced. AV are also playing hardball and bluffing as much as they can to squeeze more money out of us. It'll probably work and we'll end up paying something like 1.8M which leaves less for the extra couple of players we need.

I think one of the biggest troubles is that our esteemed former manager, Eck, has left us in a bit of a mess with his high salaries and long contracts for totally useless players.

Le Guen seems a bit better at this kind of thing but he has a hard job correcting the mistakes of his predecessor.

I think one of the biggest troubles is that our esteemed former manager, Eck, has left us in a bit of a mess with his high salaries and long contracts for totally useless players.

How can you blame AM for Martin bain's work? Martin Bain has sole control over contracts, pay, transfer etc,.......

I wish some fans would take time to learn exactly how our club works. Fan Fan admitted last week that it was Martin Bain who signed him not Alex McLeish :confused: :confused:

Any manager be it AM or PLG gives Martin Bain and David Murray a list of players that they want. They do not give them a transfer budget, they do not give them wage demands, they do not give them contracts. They ONLY supply names - it is Martin Bains job to get them signed, agree wages and length of contract etc.

If we have dead-wood, over paid players on long contracts, it is ultimately down to Martin Bain and David Murray.

Even now we have a team without playing the new youngsters:

-------------Letizi

Hutton Svensson J-Rod Smith

---Barry/Hemdani Clement

---Sionko Buffel Burke/Prso

------------Boyd

I think we need to give PLG a chance. After all didn't most of our present team do well in the CL last season? I think our team has already improved and we now have a tactical manager who will get our players fitter and more disciplined.

All fine and good, but Burke is injured as is Fergie. Boyd is suspended for the start of the season, so there is 3 players who WILL NOT feature against Motherwell. So, it appears that the younger lads are going to have to step up to the plate sooner than most of us imagined.

As for the players who performed well in Europe last year, most have been let go. Soti, Ronny and Lovnekrands were the stand-outs with Namouchi also playing well in most of the European ties.

Cammy F