Corner Kicks

Why are we so poor at corners. It would appear that we cannot get it past the first defenders head.

What do they do at Murray Park all day?

Also crosses. Some last night improved as the game went on, but they were for the most part woeful.

Our set pieces absolutely baffle me. You'd think even a few hours a week working on crosses etc would produce better results. We are woeful at corners and Frankies right, we have been for years now.

Another reason we should've signed Robson when we had the chance. His corners are far and away the best in the country. Even Hartley's corners are better than Novo, Adam and Thomsons attempts.

Disgrace i think for players of that level

It's a total disgrace and as Frankie says, it's been like this for years. Of the current squad, only Davis looks like he knows how to take a corner kick.

Presumably, someone in the coaching staff appoints individual players to take corners and free kicks. I'd love to know on what basis certain players are credited with this ability because it's anything but apparent from the stands.

when we have a corner against us why do we never leave anyone up the park thats what cost us the goal against killie and nearly another 1 on sunday

I'm glad someone else has noticed this, I've been saying it for ages. We're also particularly suspect at both defending, and taking our own, throw ins. Everytime we get a throw it would appear that its against the law to take a quick one and that it has to be the full backs who take them. Also marking up at throw ins against us is abysmal - see the goal at Aberdeen for an example of this. Mini rant over :devil:

It's actually quite bizarre.

Any time we get an offensive set-piece, I'm actually more worried about us not conceding on the counter attack as 9 out of 10 times we give the ball away.

Our throw ins are particularly awful. Absolutely no imagination and our technique in most situations is very poor.

Crazily, I think everyone knows our corners invariably get past the front post yet we never have a player there. Yet when we do, the likes of Weir, Dailly and Cousin have all scored.

Like I say, it's quite bizarre. I'd love to ask Walter about it at the AGM but looking at BD's fantastic accounts breakdown, there are slightly more serious issues on the table... ;)