UEFA deem 'Huns' acceptable

Guest damien

I have to admit that I find it extremely offensive to be called a hun. Orange b*stard doesn't bother me in the slightest - because that's just nonsense.

I didn't even realise until recently, when my boss (C****c fan) called me a hun and even though he probably didn't mean anything by it, it really hit home. We can't allow these double standards to continue.

I am offended, it is derogatory. My grandad, his father and his brothers fought in two World Wars against huns, it degrades their memory me being called one.

I just posted that elsewhere too, to someone who reckons that hun is acceptable.

I am offended, it is derogatory. My grandad, his father and his brothers fought in two World Wars against huns, it degrades their memory me being called one.

I just posted that elsewhere too, to someone who reckons that hun is acceptable.

And it was the tims that were sleeping with the huns during the war. They were the huns in the 50's and 60's and are still the real huns today.

My grandad, his father and his brothers fought in two World Wars against huns, it degrades their memory me being called one.

My grandad did as well. In fact he died in the Austrian death camp known as Mauthausen after being caught in France working with the resistance on behalf of British SOE. Even still. Being called a Hun doesn't really bother me at all. Anyone that calls me that is a stupid twat that's not worth bothering about anyway.

It's a strange one this because it seems like more tit-for-tat than anything else. I don't like the current bias in Scotland, so despite the fact that being called a hun doesn't bother me, I'll be supportive of most attempts to regain some sort of balance in the battle against sectarianism shambles.

It's a strange one this because it seems like more tit-for-tat than anything else. I don't like the current bias in Scotland, so despite the fact that being called a hun doesn't bother me, I'll be supportive of most attempts to regain some sort of balance in the battle against sectarianism shambles.

The ideal balance would be to allow people to say what they want. I don't want anyone prevented from calling me a hun if that is what they think I am. Similarly, I expect to refer to someone as a f e n i a n if that is indeed how he presents himself.

The f e n i a n s in this country decided however that this should be a one-way street and our f e n i a n media willingly complied, creating this pathetic situation where both sides are indulging in a ridiculous dictionary debate about whose word is the worst word. That is what is really unacceptable.

As is the fact that this forum contributes to the stupidity of the situation by preventing the word "f e n i a n" from appearing on the page. We really need to stop the immaturity that this practice represents.

Good post maineflyer, however we are living in a world where it is everyone's right and indeed priviledge to be offended. Do I like it, no, can I live with it, well I have to, will I allow myself to be a victim of it, like fek I will. Yes it's silly tit-for-tat, immature and childish, I openly admit that.I won't allow myself and others like me to be beaten with a stick whilst fence-sitters look on with pompous and pious attitudes.

Good post maineflyer, however we are living in a world where it is everyone's right and indeed priviledge to be offended. Do I like it, no, can I live with it, well I have to, will I allow myself to be a victim of it, like fek I will. Yes it's silly tit-for-tat, immature and childish, I openly admit that.I won't allow myself and others like me to be beaten with a stick whilst fence-sitters look on with pompous and pious attitudes.

I don't think it's immature to fight back and if the other side choose the field then that's where we have to play. I'm not against fighting fire with fire, just clarifying what I think the ideal outcome would be.

The immaturity I referred to in my previous post was this absurd practice on this forum of seeing the f en i a n word come up as a series of asterisks. On the one hand we accuse the republican scum of dishonest behaviour and acting like shrinking violets but at the same time do our best to emulate them by censoring the very word we say should be freely used. I'm suggesting admin on here have got this seriously wrong and need to rethink how these things are handled.

I think those that are not too bothered maybe need to remember that the reason this type of branding of a division of society is considered wrong and potentially dangerous, is that it encourages discrimination and violence against that section of society.

It has been most famously used by the Nazi party to turn the German population against the Jews. That is the reason that using such terms can be illegal.

As far as I can see there is little difference in the way many Celtic fans immediately resort to using the word Hun for Rangers fans who they see as Scottish protestants, to an anti-Semitic person using the word, kike for Jews.

The thing that also gets me is the double standards by Celtic fans and the authorities that seems to be resulting in Rangers fans being singled out and persecuted, as they allowed less free speech and less protection than anyone else.

It's a very dangerous road to go down where some people have less rights than others.