United game OFF - Official

First of all RIP Eddie Thompson - he was a great servant to Dundee Utd - a chairman who put his own cash in and tried to get as far as he can.

I kinda wish they won the cup final last season now for him.

But i dont think this game should have been called off. I think this was a perfect chance for 50,000 people - PLUS RANGERS FC - to show there appreciation. Maybe some people would have stood up and thot RFC were good after this!!!

Eddie Thomson will be a great loss to his family and close friends. Like almost everyone else in this world, that's it.

Wishing his team had beaten Rangers to lift the CIS cup last season is close to laughable. Perhaps we could offer celtic the points next time we play them to make up for their loss of Tommy Burns. Try drying your tears and pulling yourself together, big boys don't go in for this puffball pysh.

I've got no time for Dundee United or their supporters. After their little crusade last season, when Levein, Thomson et all did their best to spoil the build up to our UEFA cup final, they can GTF as far as I'm concerned. As long as their preparation for the game isn't too badly effected, I see no reason to call it off. Even then, if the roles were reversed there's a fair chance Rangers would be told to get on with it. We can't afford unnecessary postponements causing us another fixture pile-up and imo that's all this is. Sorry to sound disrespectful, but it's just the way I feel about this.

Dundee Utd were the team that did the most to try and prevent us getting an extension last season, and I assume that Thompson was one of the main men behind that. If so, then I'm afraid I have little good feeling towards the guy.

Like UFC, I don't mean any disrespect, but don't see any reason for the game to be called off.

Eddie Thomson will be a great loss to his family and close friends. Like almost everyone else in this world, that's it.

Wishing his team had beaten Rangers to lift the CIS cup last season is close to laughable. Perhaps we could offer celtic the points next time we play them to make up for their loss of Tommy Burns. Try drying your tears and pulling yourself together, big boys don't go in for this puffball pysh.

You define the words nine to five!

During birth maturity/common sense obviously skipped your boat!..or maybe ur just programmed to be a blue clown

But for your benefit il explain.....what i meant was it would have been nice for DUFC to win a trophy in the honour of the man.....!!

Not for 1 minute would i give up OUR winning - that goes on Rangers record and fuck Dundee Utds!

But WE HUMANS can SHARE thoughts and it would have been nice for Utd to get him a trophy....doesnt mean we have to pass ours!

Tsk Tsk...there are so much robots in this day of life :fish:

You define the words nine to five!

During birth maturity/common sense obviously skipped your boat!..or maybe ur just programmed to be a blue clown

But for your benefit il explain.....what i meant was it would have been nice for DUFC to win a trophy in the honour of the man.....!!

Not for 1 minute would i give up OUR winning - that goes on Rangers record and fuck Dundee Utds!

But WE HUMANS can SHARE thoughts and it would have been nice for Utd to get him a trophy....doesnt mean we have to pass ours!

Tsk Tsk...there are so much robots in this day of life :fish:

You have to get these emotions under control Gribz. None of us knew Eddie Thomson personally so how is it that we suddenly generate all these sentimental thoughts about the guy. Is it being a "robot" to show a little honesty? Does it make us more "human" to extract the last ounce of false sentimentality over the death of someone of whom we really know nothing at all and to whom we have zero connection. Let's just try to get real for a change.

You have to get these emotions under control Gribz. None of us knew Eddie Thomson personally so how is it that we suddenly generate all these sentimental thoughts about the guy. Is it being a "robot" to show a little honesty? Does it make us more "human" to extract the last ounce of false sentimentality over the death of someone of whom we really know nothing at all and to whom we have zero connection. Let's just try to get real for a change.

Totally agree with you on this one.:eek: Why are we putting people in football on such a high pedestal . If the tea-woman dies we will be cancelling games next.:brick: